Body Damage Manager (46676)
- Miami, FL
If you are an energetic person who enjoys challenges and working in a fast-paced environment "Get Your Go On" with your career and join our winning team at Avis Budget Group.
This fast paced position contributes to the success of our company by effectively managing and directing the daily operation of the maintenance and damage function to monitor and control related expenses. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies and for hiring, training, developing, motivating and evaluating the performance of staff and providing ongoing feedback regarding performance and expectations. Approve all maintenance expenditures and timely repair estimates and salvage packages on all damaged vehicles and forward to claims. Manage vendor relationships to verify that vehicles are repaired in accordance with damage appraisals and ensure all repairs are properly documented per Company standards.
Responsibilities and essential job functions, but are not limited to:
- Body damage repair in shop. Ensure all related repair orders are completed and processed in accordance with established guidelines. Control vehicle downtime and units out of service. Inspect vended vehicles to ensure specified repairs are completed and quality of work meets established standards. Compare damage repair costs against estimates to ensure quality of repair and utilization of parts purchased. Approve all maintenance expenditures and submit invoices for approval/payment.
- Select outside vendors and submit for approval for purchase of parts and repair of vehicles. Maintain up-to-date files on vendor insurance policies.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of five years shop experience, to include supervisory responsibilities, and trade school and/or dealership and factory service training are required for this position along with mechanical repair knowledge and familiarity with warranty and vendors procedures is required.
- Knowledge of the rental vehicle industry and prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred.
• Travel depending on district/territory visits to outlying locations and vendors is necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Full training to learn the business and enhance your professional skills
- Paid vacations, car rental discounts & much more!
A valid driver's license is required for all positions.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top