Automotive Technician B - SIGN ON BONUS $1750! (46823)
- Springfield, VA
Accelerate your automotive career! Apply for an Automotive B-Technician with Avis Budget Group today.
What you'll do:
- Depending on technical expertise, complete repairs including preventative maintenance with minimal technical supervision on a wide variety of vehicle makes and models
- Complete warranty repairs in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines and ensure proper documentation
- Ensure safe work environment and processes in and around our shops as well as follow all established safety procedures
- Ensure all maintenance and repair work is completed properly and in accordance with company's policies as well as manufacturer's standards
- Accurately and descriptively complete Repair Orders within electronic time management system
- Properly maintain necessary equipment and tools
- Stay current on mechanical bulletins, manuals, and training to maintain up to date knowledge of vehicles
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Automotive Fleet Maintenance Manager or shop lead
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum 1 year of automotive experience
- Minimum 1 ASE certification, and the ability to obtain 2 more ASE's within first year for continued employment
- Ability to interpret and understand documented standards and procedures including diagnostics, repair orders, maintenance, and repair manuals
- Ability to accurately document repairs
- Must possess all tools required for automotive maintenance and repairs
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
Extra points for this:
- Previous OEM Dealership experience
Perks you'll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and enter and exit vehicles. Depending on the facility, employees may work outdoors in a covered garage. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top