Automotive Technician B (46184)
- Houston, TX
At Avis Budget Group, we're looking for people as passionate about cars as we are. People who will love to come to work everyday, work on our diverse fleet and send our customers away with peace of mind. We will provide you training and guidance as you move forward in your career, including a number of educational ASE certification opportunities that will develop your skills and prepare you for advancement. So come join our supportive and connected family-friendly team!
What you'll do:
Perform preventative maintenance on our auto rental fleet vehicles including oil, fluid and tire changes, repairs and rotations. Depending on your technical expertise, you may be assigned basic repairs or assist our more experienced auto mechanics with more complicated repairs. This is an excellent learning opportunity for someone looking to expand upon their natural automotive or mechanical abilities.
Whether you have recently graduated from a tech school or have past experience as a tire and lube technician, mechanic in the automotive industry, or have worked in a manufacturing, warehouse or auto garage environment, this job might be a great fit for you.
What we're looking for:
- Proven mechanical aptitude and skillset in car maintenance
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Willingness to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner
- Ability to accurately document repairs
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Willingness to work in a mechanical shop environment with moderate to loud noise level
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Extra points for this:
- 6 months of automotive maintenance experience or recent auto tech school degree preferred
Perks you'll get:
- We will help you obtain your ASE certifications (some locations only)
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who we are:
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees, and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to stand continuously; walk, sit and kneel frequently; and lift up to 50 pounds. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Back to top