Worldwide Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Leader
Senior Director, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I)
Talent Community - Human Resources
Level: Director / Sr Director
Locations: US or Europe (English Language proficiency required)
About the role:
As the Director, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and a member of the HR function, you lead the translation of our D&I agenda into operational objectives by facilitating a diversity and inclusion strategy that is well integrated throughout our global business and people processes. You are responsible for partnering across the organization to develop a shared vision, mission and 3-year strategy to enhance D&I at Avanade. You interact with a broad audience of stakeholders to influence program design, implementation, and improvements from a D&I lens. Additionally, you partner with Accenture and Microsoft D&I teams to leverage their programs where appropriate.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert in D&I by contributing perspective, insights, and knowledge, and by taking a systemic approach that enables Avanade to capitalize on D&I for global success
- Provide consultative support to identify opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement
- Assists in establishing operating approaches and procedures consistent with Avanade's business strategies, policies, and objectives and helps ensures their execution, in compliance with the laws governing business operations.
- Represent Avanade diversity strategy efforts, ensuring awareness, involvement, and contributions as appropriate
- Provides leadership, organizational vision, and inspiration across Areas and functions around Diversity and Inclusion through clear communication and execution of strategy and goals.
- Coordinates D&I activities with our Alliance Partners: Accenture and Microsoft
- Regularly measure and analyze, highlight areas of strength and areas of weakness, and identify action steps to improve weak areas
- Leads feedback and focus groups with employees on relevant topics
- Provide leadership and coaching, when appropriate, to team members via 1-1 and group interactions
- Develop and sustain relationships at all leadership levels of the organization focusing on D&I, including leadership, career managers
- Demonstrate value and provide credibility by developing and implementing enhanced practices and new ideas on D&I business process integration and organizational culture
- Develop and sustain communities, events and other initiatives to promote an inclusion culture. Develop measures to assess effectiveness of inclusion initiatives
- A mininum of 7+ years of D&I leadership experience.
- Experience working in a large global corporate environment
Likely years' managerial experience:
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership experience
In addition, your skillset will likely includes:
- Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical
- Able to influence others to achieve solutions to meet organization's objectives, and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues, and overcoming hurdles to results.
- Strong technology business acumen, project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues, and a strong results orientation
- Strong interpersonal awareness and skills with particular emphasis on assertiveness, supportiveness, confrontation, listening, and group processes
- Highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and management
- Ability to set an example of Avanade core values and champion those values with employees across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, credibility, and character
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Requisition ID - 46597
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top