About the role
The infrastructure consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Working on some of the largest leading-edge projects, the Workplace Consultant is a customer facing role and you will play an active part in large scale workplace transformation and deployment projects for our customers. This will involve delivery throughout the complete project lifecycle including design, build, test and deployment.
You will naturally have a strong foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies, but more specifically you will be able to demonstrate prior experience and a level of subject matter expertise in large scale desktop transformation and deployment projects (2000+ seats) where organizations have migrated from one version of desktop operating system or exchange platform to another.
The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both client technical teams and end users. To be successful, you must be able to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and manage tasks to deliver outcomes, work effectively under pressure, and meet tight timelines. Travel up to 80% is expected, typically domestically but some international travel periodically required
Day to day you will:
- Design and engineer Windows desktop and server builds utilising traditional imaging methods or Windows autopilot. Engage with stakeholders to gather and understand requirements, facilitate design workshops, and deliver documentation sign off.
- Contribute to the design build and test of Exchange and Office 365 environments, including the migration approach and execution of migrations and client deployments.
- Own the delivery of Windows desktop images, their technical engineering and deployment using Microsoft tooling such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), SCCM, WICD and autopilot.
- Design build and test components of the Microsoft Desktop optimization Pack (MDOP)
- Describe Windows As A Service and associated servicing channels (Semi-Annual Channel, Long Term Servicing Branch etc...) and appropriate strategies for managing these deployments.
- Collaborating with the appropriate project teams to create the optimal client outcome
Expertise in any of the following areas is also highly desirable
- Azure I/PaaS
- Office 365
- Citrix & VDI
- Intune & EMS
- Skype for Business inc Voice
- Exchange Server
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
In addition to the technical knowledge and project delivery experience, you will come from a technical background with good customer facing skills, have experience of producing high quality written deliverables (Word documents, PowerPoint presentations), be a team player actively contributing to knowledge sharing, and must be willing and able to travel within the UK, and less frequently internationally.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel within the UK as much as is required by the needs of our customers and our business. Although not frequent, this could also involve international assignments.
You'll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training.
Requisition ID - 55959
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top