Visual Designer | Raleigh
About the role
The Visual Design team is tasked with crafting an alluring design language that skillfully incorporates our client's brand. The team works to translate client business objectives, user needs and technology capabilities into beautiful and usable Avanade solutions.
As Senior Consultant, Visual Design, you will create ingenious user experiences (UX) that help our clients extend their business transformation objectives to application design. You will be involved in generating great design yourself, in addition to reviewing the work of junior team members.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Contribute to and often leads User Experience (UX) efforts from planning to analysis, design, build and test
- Create and oversee design deliverables such as comps, style guides, branding and creative briefs, graphics and layouts
- Contribute to delivery of design-focused deliverables (e.g., information architecture, taxonomies, content structures, wireframes, prototypes)
- Partner with cross-functional technology and UX teams to integrate solutions and requirements into design strategies
- Raise client awareness of Experience Design by developing customer case studies and representing Avanade in the larger UX community
- Provide expert advice, guidance and recommendations to senior managers and consultants in resolving business issues
- Leverage and manage offshore resources as needed.
You are a talented UX designer with a passion for solving business problems. You have both great technical and people skills, are able to design great work of your own, have the desire to mentor junior staff and the ability communicate well with clients. You should have a strong portfolio that demonstrates an expert capability in design principles and solutions.
Your skillset likely includes:
Extensive experience with visual design, principles of user interface (UI) design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories
- Knowledge of user experience disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability and content strategies
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite; capability with W3C HTML, XHTML, CSS, and Adobe Flash a plus
- Training and experience in digital design and web and mobile development in an enterprise environment
- Experience designing with mobile layouts in mind
- Understanding and articulating technical feasibility assessments.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in design, graphic design or similar subject, though experience may substitute for a degree. You have about four years of relevant design experience. Some management experience is preferred but not required.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 58180
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top