Visual Designer | Digital Studios
About the role
The Visual Design team stands out for its lively creativity and flawless style. It translates users' needs, business objectives and technology capabilities from concept to delivery with exceptional attention to detail. It crafts an alluring design language that skillfully incorporates the brands of Avanade's clients.
As Manager, Visual Design, you will lead customer engagements and manage delivery of User Experience (UX) and creative deliverables. You will focus on design-oriented work and be partially responsible for ensuring that deliverables and solutions meet clients' and users' goals with efficiency, effectiveness and a quality client experience. You will manage engagements with responsibility to oversee outputs, timelines and budgets. You will help translate strategic high-level direction into business strategies and processes to achieve goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead research from a visual design perspective to gain insights and guide design decisions
- Lead visual design explorations to generate ideas, find the best solutions and craft a compelling visual language
- Lead teams in creating a design strategy-including the brand's promise, insights from users and competitive analysis-to inform interact and interaction elements
- Develop a visual language that communicates a brand's goals and it's rationale so other visual designers, developers and future teammates can build upon it
- Produce high-quality visual designs from concept to execution including those for desktop, web and mobile devices
- Use prototyping tools to convey design intent
- Integrate core tenets of responsive and adaptive design into work
- Travel as needed.
You are an experienced design professional who's proficient in design principles and solutions. You have extensive experience with visual design, principles of User Interface (UI) design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories. You are trained and experienced in digital design, including web and mobile development in an enterprise environment. You have experience in both B2B and B2C contexts.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Knowledge of UX disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability and content strategies
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and capability with W3C, HTML/XHTML, CSS and Flash
- Leading cross-functional and globally dispersed teams
- Designing with mobile layouts in mind
- Ability to understand articulate technical feasibility of solutions
- Understanding the basics of HTML/CSS/JS and how visuals translate to code
- Communicating with technical developers to transfer design to deliverables.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in design, graphic design, a similar degree or experience that may substitute for a degree. You also are likely to have six or more years of relevant design experience and two or more years managing people/teams.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience:
6+ years relevant design experience
2+ years managing people/teams
Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Design, or similar degree; experience may substitute for degree. Master's degree in related discipline a plus.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates a expert capability in design principles and solutions
- Extensive experience with visual design, principles of UI design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories
- Knowledge of user experience disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability and content strategies
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite needed; capability with W3C HTML / XHTML, CSS, and Flash a plus
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Trained and experienced in digital design, web and mobile development in an enterprise environment
- B2B and B2C experience highly valued
- Experience designing with mobile layouts in mind
- Capable of understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
- Capable of communicating with technical developers to tranfer design to deliverables
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirement:
Requisition ID - 53461
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top