UX Lead | Atlanta Digital Studio
About the role
The User Experience (UX) Design team specializes in human-centered design. It plans, designs and creates UX transformation deliverables by focusing on architecture and usability content. Its goal is to humanize technology and empower business.
As Group Manager, UX Design, you will lead customer engagement and manage delivery of UX and create deliverables across multiple projects. You will focus on design-oriented work and ensure that deliverables and solutions meet clients' and users' specified goals with efficiency, effectiveness and a quality client experience. You will manage, review and be responsible for engagement outputs, timelines and budgets. You will lead tactical and short-term operational planning and execution within large-scale, complex processes and programs for Avanade and our clients.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Plan and lead workshops to gather stakeholder requirements using techniques to break down barriers, communicate better and generate new ideas
- Plan and lead user research with methodologies including user tests, in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys
- Facilitate brainstorming and work sessions with cross-disciplinary teams to move research findings into vision and design strategies
- Deliver the design of digital products or services with the right mix of human-centered design process and tools
- Assist teams to adjust the design process and select the right approach to fit project constraints
- Establish partnerships with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate solutions and requirements into UX strategies
- Plan a change-management framework for use in the adoption of a new product or service
- Contribute to business development efforts through customer relationship and request-for-proposal submission support
- Travel as needed.
You are an experienced leader in strategy, execution and tools who can understand and articulate the technical feasibility of solutions. You have experience researching, designing and proposing solutions with mobile layouts in mind. You can translate requirements into design specifications.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Translating technical requirements into design specifications
- Visual design delivery, capabilities and strategies
- UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies.
You likely have seven of more years of relevant UX experience and at least two years of experience with managing people and teams. Your education likely includes a Bachelor's Degree in interaction design, human factors, computer interaction, behavioral psychology, human/computer interaction, a similar degree or experience that may substitute for a degree. You may have a Master's Degree in a related discipline.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience:
7+ years relevant UX experience
2+ years managing people/teams
Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree; experience may substitute degree. Master's in related discipline a plus
- Extensive experience with UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing, and content strategies
- Experience with visual design delivery, capabilities, strategies
- Leader in strategy, execution, tools, and an active UX community participant.
- Experience translating requirements into design specifications
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience researching, designing and/or proposing solutions with mobile layouts in mind
- Capable of understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirement:
Requisition ID - 46864
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top