At Avanade, we are looking for a UX Designer who is observant, meticulous and efficient to join our team. The UX Designer is responsible for delivering the best customer experience across our client projects, and designing creative user interactions with site content and design, in order to identify barriers to conversion, and create delightful experiences.
As a UX Designer, you will assist with customer engagements and creating UX/creative transformation deliverables on projects. You will use your best practice knowledge to create recommendations for site improvements, this could include wireframes and documentation intended for a technical audience as well as interactive prototypes to demonstrate their ideas to non-technical audiences and will work with our multi-disciplinary teams to drive through implementation.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Facilitate and assist in innovative ideation sessions with cross-disciplinary teams to move the knowledge of the research into a vision and into a design strategy.
- Support delivery and design of digital products or services employing the right mix of human-centered design processes and tools (e.g. user journeys, user scenarios, site maps, wireframes, task flows, user interface specifications, prototypes).
- Support change management execution at the appropriate phase in the adoption process of a new product or service.
- Evangelize Experience Design within Avanade through informal communication, formal presentations and training sessions
- Work with other team members who lead various aspects of the project: content strategists, UI designers, technical leads, and delivery leads.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Working with in-house and external teams to ensure success of each project.
- Knowledge of UX disciplines such as UX research methods, User-Centered Design, Usability testing, and content strategies.
- Preparing documentation including wireframes and interactive prototypes for our A/B test and site development programs.
- Knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies preferred.
- Knowledge of UX best practice.
- Working knowledge in any of the following design, wireframing and prototyping tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Axure RP, Sketch, Invision, Proto.io
- Working knowledge with front-end development (HTML/CSS/JS) is a plus.
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have some experience in UX work
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Provides technical, administrative, or operational support.
Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
Complexity: Lower-complexity work that is routine in nature and requires minimal judgement.
Discretion: Little-to-no discretion in approach to work objectives.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts primarily impact self and immediate team.
Supervision Received: Direct, regular supervision & monitoring.
Supervision Provided: n/a
Knowledge Applied: Little occupation / discipline-relevant knowledge; applies prescribed processes & procedures.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
Accountable for timeliness, accuracy and quality of own work
Accountable for chargeability and training targets
Accountable for project and annual goals
Requisition ID - 52611
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top