About the role
The User Experience (UX) Design team specializes in human-centered design. It plans, designs and creates UX transformation deliverables on projects by focusing on work related to architecture and usability content areas. Its goal is to humanize technology and empower business.
As Consultant, UX Design, you will contribute to customer engagement and plan, deliver and create UX transformation deliverables. You will focus on work related to architecture and usability content. Your work will be diverse within the scope of a professional discipline/function/Market Unit that will often require new or different inputs, processes or outcomes. You will have a direct and substantive impact on operational activities within Avanade or client organizations within the scope of a larger project or program.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Conduct workshops in order to gather stakeholders' requirements using a pool of techniques that help break down barriers, communicate better and generate new ideas
- Execute user research with methodologies including user tests, in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys
- Facilitate brainstorm and work sessions with cross-disciplinary teams in order to move knowledge into vision and design strategy sessions
- Deliver the design of digital products or services that employ the right mix of human-centered design process and tools
- Adjust the design process and select the proper approach to fit project constraints
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate solutions and requirements into UX strategies
- Use a proven change-management framework in the adoption process of a new product or service
- Contribute to business development efforts through customer relationship and request-for-proposal submission support
- Travel as needed.
You are a professional with experience in researching, designing and proposing solutions with mobile layouts. You can understand and explain the technical feasibility of solutions and translate requirements into design specifications.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Experience with UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies
- Knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies.
You likely have three of more years of relevant UX experience and a Bachelor's Degree in interaction design, human factors, computer interaction, behavioral psychology, human/computer interaction, a similar degree or experience that may substitute for a degree. A Master's Degree in a related discipline is a bonus.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience:
4+ years relevant UX experience
Some management experience preferred, but not required
Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree; experience may substitute degree. Master's in related discipline a plus
- Experience with UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing, and content strategies
- Knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies preferred
- Experience translating requirements into design specifications
- Experience researching, designing and/or proposing solutions with mobile layouts in mind
- Capable of understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
Requisition ID - 47531
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top