UWP .NET Interactive Developer
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
About the role
The Experience Technology team turns designed experiences into reality by helping designers shape and imagine the future. It provides efficient and scalable solutions to deliver a seamless experience across multiple touch-points.
As a UWP .NET Interactive Developer you will be in charge of delivering topnotch user interfaces. You will be the bridge between UX Designers, Visual Designers and .NET Developers and you will own all technical interactive aspects of the apps you build, making sure the user experience is aligned with the team vision and client needs. You will direct and provide substantive impact on operational activities within Avanade or client organizations within the scope of a larger project or program.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Analyze and discuss requirements, designs and user experience with designers, developers, project managers, product owners and stakeholders
- Communicate those technical requirements, benefits or limitations in terms that non-technical staff can easily understand
- Develop apps for different devices, such as desktop, tablet, mobile or Surface Hub
- Implement responsible, responsive, pixel-perfect UI and UX solutions according to designs and good usability principles, using Visual Studio, XAML and some C#
- Develop eye candy user interactions, animations and storyboards with Blend for Visual Studio
- Modify and customize Microsoft UWP control templates, states and styles
- Create responsive/adaptive user interfaces, by using state triggers and understanding how visual states work
- Optimize the UI for different devices, screen resolutions and pixel densities (Microsoft effective pixels vs. standard pixels)
- Experiment with new techniques and proofs of concept for improving code practices and methods
- Develop discrete, module site structure and code, with a focus on code reusability
- Create creative technical solutions to address challenges to Avanade and its clients
- Contribute to business development efforts through customer relationships, RFP submission support and identification of growth areas for existing projects
- Travel as needed
- Attention to detail
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to implement responsive apps and websites
- Knowledge of programming best practices and design patterns
- Familiarity with XAML and .NET environment
- Being a usability advocate and a fan of delightful user interfaces
- Willingness to always learn and work in a team
- English language
Extra points for:
- C# basic knowledge
- Experience with MVVM or MVC programming patterns, namely MVVMCross
- Experience with WPF or Silverlight
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors, such as Sass or LESS
- Familiarity with CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap
- Experience with Xamarin, iOS or Android development
Requisition ID - 54271
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top