Upstream and Midstream Oil & Gas Industry Bus Apps Solution Lead - Houston
North America Business Applications - Oil & Gas Industry Offering Lead
As North America Business Applications - Oil & Gas Industry Offering Lead, you will be responsible for driving the solution offering agenda, channel alliances, market development, and supporting sales for Avanade's Business Applications Market Unit in the Oil & Gas industry. You will work closely with Avanade Offering Development, Marketing, and Regional and Global Market Unit Teams, Accenture, Microsoft, and solution alliance partners in North America to achieve Avanade business growth and client success.
Location and Travel:
The ideal candidate should live in Houston and will be able to travel as needed within North America.
In this role you will work closely with North American and Regional Business Application Market Unit leadership teams to perform the following functions
Develop and execute a business and offering development strategy to grow Business Applications business in Oil & Gas across North America for offerings including ERP, CRM, and Field Solutions and Delivery Enablement
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of:
- Avanade offerings
- Accenture industry research and IP
- Microsoft ecosystem and industry strategy
- Competitive environment
- Oil & Gas industry and market trends
- Direct and influence acquisition and development of Avanade's Oil & Gas solution IP
- Drive client capability assessment, business case development, business process model alignment, and solution roadmap definition
Work closely with regional Business Applications Market Unit leadership, business development, and pre-sales technical support teams to support opportunity origination and business closure such as:
- Creating client specific sales presentations
- Driving and orchestrating solution presentations and preparation and delivery of presales demonstrations in conjunction with
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery (both written and oral) of estimated, proposals, and statements of work with sales pursuit teams
- Direct and drive marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the Oil & Gas community
- Drive industry offering sales and marketing materials
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expert participation for marketing activities and events
Channels and Alliance Development:
- Coordinate and team aggressively with offering development, marketing, Regional Market Unit, and sales teams across North America to achieve overall business objectives
- Drive awareness and training on Oil & Gas solutions for regional sales teams
- Understand the organization structure within Microsoft industry teams and regional sales teams and identify and influence those best positioned to support Avanade's market penetration by:
- Building a solid working relationship with Microsoft key players and ensuring they are fully briefed on Avanade plans, capabilities and ongoing activities
- Maintaining ongoing regular contact and high visibility and access to Microsoft pipeline of opportunities, ensuring that Avanade is tightly connected to Microsoft's Oil & Gas strategy and plans
- Drive collaborative go to market planning and execution
- Understand the organization structure and who is best positioned to support Avanade's market penetration both at the Product Operating Group and the Technology Consulting levels
- Build solid working relationship with Accenture key players and ensure they are fully briefed on Avanade plans, capabilities and ongoing activities
- Maintain ongoing regular contact and ensure high visibility and access to Accenture pipeline of opportunities and ensure that Avanade is connected as appropriate
- Drive collaborative go to market planning and execution with key complimentary ISV partners
You are a senior consulting services professional. You understand the industry, the client perspective, the business applications technology commonly used, the financials, and the business. You are a great client communicator, mentor, and leader to your team.
Your business leadership experience likely encompasses:
- Operating at a high level of autonomy and latitude in meeting objectives within stated guidelines and policies
- Defining the strategy and driving investment decisions to help grow an offering and practice
- Growing a technology services business through strategy and sales contribution
- Establishing a presence in a target market and in the minds of key clients through client interactions and executive presence
- Business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influence and negotiation capabilities
- Leading personnel activities, including hiring, staffing, skills forecasting, and career development
- Delivering on business performance targets and metrics
Specific consulting and delivery experience likely includes:
- Deep solution expertise in Oil & Gas industry domains with particular emphasis on ERP for Oil and Gas Producers, CRM, and Field Service Automation.
- Delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting and project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large-scale, complex projects
- Guiding and directing leadership teams in developing, producing and promoting solution offerings with particular emphasis on ERP for Oil and Gas Producers.
- Significant experience with offshore teams and delivery
You likely have more than 15 years of relevant technology business leadership experience in areas such as solution sales, creation, delivery and business management. You likely also have at least four years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly leading consultants.
You will likely have a Bachelor's Degree in a business or technology-related field, with an MBA or advanced technical degree preferred.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 56937
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top