Unified Communications Consultant (EG)
The Unified Communications team consults with clients on communication systems and Internet work strategies, with a focus on Skype for Business (formerly Lync Server) in an enterprise environment.
As a Senior Consultant in Unified Communications, you will design innovative and cost-effective communication systems that help our clients work more efficiently and effectively, particularly across multiple geographic locations. You will work with clients to understand their business challenges and then partner with cross-functional technology and design teams at Avanade to meet their needs using the right combination of technology and operational guidance.
- Develop and modify communications and network solutions within existing client environments
- Create project documentation, including design, build and operations guides
- Conduct and oversee systems and component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Develop and execute change management strategy to accompany solution, including creation of tools, processes and documentation
- Use and manage offshore resources, and occasionally manage project components and junior-level resources.
You are eager to work on the latest Skype for Business technologies and to help clients use the latest unified communications technologies to bring global workforces together and create new ways of working.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Experience in Skype for Business deployments and migrations, unified communications solutions, network design, network protocols and voice over IP (VOIP)
- Experience with session initiation protocol, video conferencing systems, network assessment and troubleshooting, load balancing and virtualization
- Proficient with Windows PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Experience with technology project design and delivery.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
- Experience interacting with external clients, global teams and offshore staff
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Good understanding of project financials such as profit-and-loss statements beneficial
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
You likely have five years of relevant experience in designing, deploying, and supporting enterprise networks and unified communications solutions. Some management or supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computerengineering, management information systems, information technology, or asimilar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Within two years of your hire date, you will likely attain your Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification in Windows Server 2012 and your Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification in Server Infrastructure. Highly valued areMicrosoft Certified IT Professional, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist,Microsoft Certified Master, Premier Support for Lync Partners and other networking or Skype for Business-related certifications.
Requisition ID - 38633
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top