UK DevOps Architect
As a DevOps Architect, you are excited about working with a global technology leader to solve business-critical problems for some of the top companies in the world. You are a fast learner, self-starter, and creative thinker. You are passionate about software and its potential to move organizations forward through innovation.
You're a great fit if...
- You like to continuously learn new and emerging DevOps and cloud technologies.
- You have a keen interest in The Cloud and Azure.
- You love working in an Agile environment focusing on lean delivery to bring value to our clients.
- You're passionate about designing and building sophisticated cloud-based automation solutions.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Engineer solutions using Microsoft Azure services
- Design and implement Software Defined Infrastructure using cloud standards and methodologies.
- Work with state-of-the-art tools such as Azure DevOps, Azure Resource Management, PowerShell DSC, Docker, SonarQube etc.
- Exposure to container services (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Container Service)
- Manage and Maintain the DevOps processes throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Design and implement solutions with cloud security standards in mind.
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services. including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- Work in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Experimentation with new cloud technologies to define their use cases/suitability.
- Identify the Accelerators that can be introduced to assist with the implementation and adoption of DevOps within the project and organisation.
- Strong knowledge of key DevOps concepts - continuous integration and delivery.
- Understanding of Cloud concepts - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Practical hands-on experience working on Azure using key services like VM, Azure API, Azure DevOps or Cloud Services.
- Infrastructure Architecture - designing high availability, performant and secure solutions using Public/Private cloud.
- Design and delivery of IT systems for a diverse group of clients using technologies such as:
- Tools e.g. Azure DevOps Service/Server, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Nexus, SonarQube, Ansible.
- Cloud platforms e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Working within an agile environment, including the use of Scrum and Kanban.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
- Competitive base salary
- Access to Avanade University
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
- If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
- Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non-negotiable.
Back to top