Tier 1 or 2 Security / Microsoft Defender/ O365 Advanced Threat Engineer
- Holly Springs, NC
18 month W2 contract
Do you want to be at the forefront of a growing security deployment security practice within the FastTrack Center? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment with a team of smart, highly motivated deployment engineers. Looking for a customer focused, analytical, and high energy candidate to join our team who will be responsible for delivering onboarding support services. The Security Onboarding Engineer will handle the technical aspects of onboarding customers and partners to the Microsoft cloud with a focus on Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection and Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection. This role entails providing proactive guidance and remediation assistance, and as the Onboarding Engineer you will drive the technical execution.
Key business metrics & responsibilities will include:
- Execute, manage, and lead customers & partners thru the onboarding process by providing remote guidance and following best practices
- Utilize your demonstrated technical skills and leadership to assist with resolution of issues and removing any adoption blockers
- Assist customers and partners with configuration of onboarding tools and processes
- Analyze, develop, and communicate key onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for the development/engineering teams in order to enhance the entire deployment cycle
- Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with various groups within the organization including engineering, account teams, enterprise services\support, and partner teams to deliver key business metrics
- Customer obsessed. Look at everything through the eyes of the customer and their need for a holistic secure solution. Quest to gather feedback obsessively and invest timeand effort inthe feedback to continually improve and grow customer trust.
- Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and establish priorities across various customers, partners, senior executives, and organization boundaries
- Team player and collaborator with excellent follow up and documentation skills. Must be able to work and develop a positive relationship with customers of various size and complexity
- Self-driven engaging individual with a proven history of demonstrated technical skills and leadership.
- Ability to determine root cause of technical issues either on own or in a collaborative scenario.
- Strong problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new features and technologies around threat protection
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and able to explain why cloud computing is transforming positive change across industries
- Must be able to manage time effectively and accurately maintain a weekly schedule of customer engagements
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and open to change while striving for clarity to drive positive business impact
Required Technical Skills:
- At least 2 years working experience in SecOps leveraging any or all the following Threat Protection technologies: Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Office Advanced Threat Protection
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection, Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection, Azure Active Directory Premium, and Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Ability to trouble-shoot technical issues up through tier 2
- Above all - the desire and ability to learn is key, and more important than previous experience with a long list of technologies
- Exchange Server, Mail Flow, SCCM, EDR, Defender Anti-Virus, Network Firewall experience.
- Microsoft Cloud technologies: Microsoft Defender ATP, Office 365 ATP, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Threat Protection
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- MacOS management experience
- Microsoft certifications: MCSA Office 365, MS-500, or MCSA/MCSE in another discipline
Back to top