Technology Director | Open Source
- Golden, CO
As our Open Source Lead in our Application and Infrastructure Business, you will partner across a highly matrixed technology consulting services and solutions organization to define, implement and deliver innovative Modern Application Transformation solutions for Avanade clients to successful outcomes. Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership are key "fit" attributes.
You will drive an open source focus internally with architects and teams, constantly evaluating open source for designs, understanding fit and licensing and promoting open source based solution, where appropriate, with our clients.
You will help our clients drive innovation into their modern IT management and business plans providing the foundation upon which a company can continue to transform products and services, accelerate operations, and empower users to do more with less.
You will work with a team of technical and sales experts to determine the strategy for offering identification and investment opportunities and drive strategic changes to the portfolio in response to business needs with a goal of helping our clients achieve cutting edge innovation in their digital portfolios and bring positive ROI.
Partner with organizations at all stages of their "digital journeys" to evolve legacy applications, developed in a pre-cloud era into cloud environments while avoiding and mitigating issues around security, compliance, and compatibility, especially when it involves migrating mission-critical applications. Collaborate with various areas of the business, and build an inventory involving and introducing additional capabilities as needed.
Ensure the alignment of the right systems, tools and processes to drive a holistic and collaborative strategy to help clients reduce cost (decrease the cost of maintaining an older IT infrastructure to open up space to embark upon new innovative IT initiatives that provide greater value and ROI): Mitigate Risk by leveraging the latest cybersecurity technology that includes systems which can easily be patched and updated and Accelerate Transformation by building modern infrastructure in the cloud where clients can more readily and easily drive their mission and thrive in today's rapidly changing business environment.
You will partner across our technical groups and regional innovation studios to support sales and delivery teams through the full lifecycle of solution development, execution, sales and delivery.
You will work with and influence diverse teams at varying levels of seniority to ensure a carefully managed end to end sales and delivery process resulting in successful client engagements.
You will develop client roadmaps, program building, incorporating intelligent processes and solution planning that drives our clients desired business outcomes.
Experience in leading teams of architects, software development, technical management, release engineering, tools engineering and DevSecOps.
- Deep knowledge of Micro Service Architecture and Best Practices
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in open source coding, cloud native development, serverless application development, systems implementation and management.
- Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer-facing skills; ability to lead discussions with ease, ability to freely navigate challenges while gaining client trust, strong listening, negotiation and consensus-building skills. Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Wipro, Infosys, ServiceNow, etc is desired.
- 8-10 years of applied experience solutioning programs and system integration projects built with open source technologies
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
- Validated client experience in selecting architecture for enterprise customer with the balance of costs, capability and risk to meet clients' business objectives.
- Solid understanding of the value proposition(s) associated with AI, Data, PaaS and DevOps including business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions and ability to turn those into solutions
- Candidate must be open to travel (at least 25 percent)
- An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related).
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns, Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes as well as DevOps processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
Back to top