Technical Solutions Architect - Capital Markets
Preferred Location: NYC
About the role
The Avanade Capital Markets Solution Architect is a member of our Solution Development and Sales Engineering team that focuses on designing, deploying and testing highly scalable web solutions for Capital Markets clients. This individual is involved at various stages including pre-sales (25-50%) and works closely with the business and technical leadership to execute complex projects and solution deals. This role will work closely with the business development team to support deal shaping, pitches, and crafting technical architectures to drive a sale.
During project execution, you will focus on designing, developing, deploying and testing solution components of significant size and complexity. These include UI frameworks, distributed web services, real-time portals and mobile web applications. You will have key project and project leadership responsibilities and will serve as a career manager to other Solution Developers within Capital Markets.
You will be responsible for:
- Ownership for the technical approach and estimation of a proposal during the sales process.
- Operate in a senior technology advisory capacity for our internal sales team.
- Consults, advising our clients and internal stakeholders on the best uses of technology to solve problems.
- Present technical approach and solutions to business and technical client leadership.
- Design, scope, organize and deliver training events for both client-facing and internal team members to grow the enterprise web skillsets
- Participate in and lead stakeholder brainstorming, technical planning and design sessions along with prototyping and proof of concept work.
- Lead and review your team's work across all phases (plan, analyze, design, build and test).
- Direct efforts to define technical, operational and user requirements
- Kickoff and lead development teams in large, bespoke web projects
- Take responsibility for project activities including work estimation, planning, stakeholder management and project quality
- Own partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, beneficial client interaction and solution delivery
You are passionate about using technology and the on-going evolution of web development to solve business problems. You are comfortable presenting technical concepts to both technical and non-technical clients. You have deep experience managing distributed teams and working within front office technology teams.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Experience architecting web applications, understanding the pros and cons of various web frameworks, recommending an overall technology stack, defending those recommendations, etc.
- Experience developing componentized UI frameworks using eventing models.
- Comfort in using server side technologies (.NET, Java).
- Understand enterprise messaging paradigms and frameworks along with distributed computing constructs.
- Experience in building cross-platform desktop apps is a plus (e.g. Electron, OpenFin)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Azure/AWS web architecture, event based models, streaming frameworks (e.g. Kafka, Spark), real-time UI best practices
- DevOps including best practices for web CI/CD, Docker/Kubernetes containerization, and testing
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, leveraging global teams and offshore resources
- Working knowledge of one or more Capital Markets domains (e.g. FX, Equities front office trading, etc.)
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (such as P&Ls, how decisions impact cost and profit)
Years of Experience: 7+ years of increasingly diverse or complex experience
Management Experience: 3+ years of management experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Other Skills/Knowledge: Experience utilizing new/modern web frameworks: ReactJS/Redux, Angular, NodeJS, Java/.NET; Experience writing technical proposals
Back to top