Technical Architect Centre of Excellence
As a Data Engineering Group Manager at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients. You can collect, aggregate, and analyse structured/unstructured data from multiple internal and external sources and patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers. Your goal is to support the use of data-driven insights to help our Clients achieve business outcomes and objectives.
In this role, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
• Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
• Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
• Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
• Deliver of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
• Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
• Design and Build Data Service APIs.
• Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
• Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
• Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
• Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills include:
• Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
• Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
• Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
• The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
• Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL with the familiarity of U-SQL is required
• Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW, and Azure SQL, Azure App Service is required.
• Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics is a plus.
• Knowledge of Python is a plus.
• Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
• Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc....).
• Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
• Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
• Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
• Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
• Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
• Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
• Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS is a must.
MCAD .NET, MCSD .NET, MCDBA
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess MS/ Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 5-7 years of relevant professional experience.
Nature of Work:
• Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
• Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for large-scale, strategically critical work efforts requiring significant coordination.
• Complexity: Complex problems that span work domains and require continual alignment to internal and external business issues to deliver expected results across groups.
• Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including the ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
• Organizational Impact: Work efforts have a significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and client operations. If client-facing should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
• Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
• Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership levelling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
• Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation/discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Back to top