Technical Application Architect based in Perth
About us At Avanade our vision is to be the top tier digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Avanade is rapidly growing with the scope to truly support high-demand Microsoft solutions for large-scale organizations in the local market. Avanade is proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace.
About you You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
About the job An excellent opportunity for an experienced hands-on Technical Architect to join us in delivering custom-built applications for internal company and client systems, with a focus on Microsoft technologies.
Day to day, you will:
- Be responsible for the introduction of new technology solutions that are medium to complex in nature from design through to leading rollout.
- Perform assessments of existing company systems and making recommendations for future direction
- Provide strategic advice, support and recommendations to business and technology partners
- Craft solution blueprints and provide full estimations of delivery effort across all areas of design, build, test and rollout
- Engage with business users, product owners and other technologists in analyzing and defining functional and non-functional requirements
- Design of new application and technical architecture components of medium-to-high complexity
- Set technical direction for application development teams and provide ongoing support to ensure successful delivery of system change
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior resources
- 5+ years' experience working as a Technical Architect in a full stack Microsoft environment
- A consistent track record of architecting and designing large-scale high-throughput solutions as part of the delivery of change programmes in large enterprise environments
- 3+ years hands-on application development experience on multiple versions of the .NET platform (e.g. C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Classic ASP, Windows Forms) and applications (e.g. web applications, windows applications, batch infrastructure or windows services), previous to or in parallel with TA role responsibilities
- Demonstrable ability to assess and recommend application architectures, technologies and vendors, with an understanding of multiple options for architectures
- Understanding of web, mobile, cloud and API development concepts and design patterns
- Understanding of SOA offerings with demonstrable experience in the design and delivery of web services for systems integration between systems including legacy systems and third-party companies/organisations (e.g. RESTful, WCF, WebAPI etc)
- Experience in database design, development and optimisation (SQL Server toolset or similar, T-SQL)
- Knowledge of different cloud infrastructures and vendor product offerings
- Experience as part of a team delivering systems utilising Microsoft Azure e.g. Virtual Machines, Enterprise Integration tools (incl. API Management, Service Bus, BizTalk Services), Security + Identity, BI Tools.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows server operating systems and application development and configuration (including system components, error management, monitoring, traces)
- Experience working with application developers and other technical architects as well as scrum masters and product owners.
- Experience in designing performance test plans, coordinating their execution and interpretation of results to identify tangible performance improvements.
- Have experience facilitating workshops/focus groups and strong engagement and communications skills with senior partners.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with challenging priorities, with an ability to liaise effectively across multiple teams and levels;
- Solid grasp of multiple SDLC principles and their application (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum methodology)
- Experience with problem and incident management processes & procedures
- Hands-on implementation of application security for web-based applications (e.g. SSL configuration, token authentication, encryption etc) and application of penetration testing recommendations.
- Hands-on experience of middleware systems (e.g. Microsoft Biztalk) a bonus
- Experience of source control management tools including setup and/or ongoing configuration/administration (e.g. SVN, TFS, VSS, Git)
- DevOps practices including continuous integration, continuous build and/or continuous deployment.
- Working knowledge of leading open source technologies and integration with Microsoft offerings
- Automated test frameworks and standard methodologies
- Understanding of microservices architecture and implementation thereof.
- Working knowledge of network/firewall security and hardware specifications
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with standout development and training (80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Competitive base salary
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Avanade University - real time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers sincerely passionate about you
Avanade ® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top