Sr. Microsoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant
At Avanade we create change for a living, and joining us is your chance to do the same. Founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation, we have 22,000 people in more than 20 countries helping the world's biggest and most innovative organizations realize results in a digital world - with business technology solutions, cloud and managed services that combine insight, innovation and expertise in Microsoft technologies. Find out more at avanade.com/careers
The Avanade Dynamics AX Functional Consultant takes an end-to-end, process-based approach to address key business challenges such as complexity reduction, lean manufacturing and operations excellence, process innovation, strategic cost reduction, enterprise transformation and growth through fast innovation. Functional Consultants are challenged to understand and respond to clients' varied business needs in both the private and public sector, and work with clients to rapidly enhance the internal capabilities needed to continuously improve operational and innovation performance. Our core offerings target different aspects of a client's value chain - both across the enterprise and at the intersections of assets, process, polices, and people delivering value.
As a Functional Consultant in the Avanade Dynamics AX Service Line you will use your strategy and operations consulting skills, business process knowledge, and other methodologies and tools to quantitatively analyze issues and drive solutions to transform our client's business.
Avanade professionals are responsible for delivering large-scale, complex programs that marry processes with technology to help our clients achieve high performance. Dynamics AX professionals design, implement and deploy AX solutions to achieve defined business goals. They maintain skills in AX applications process design and configuration; AX application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; and AX application technical architecture.
Business performance and process diagnostics and assessments
Supervising application design and architecture components
Supervising process and functional design activities
Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
Planning and executing data conversion activities
Driving test planning and execution
Project and program management that exhibits leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, strategy, and organizational change
- Configure and implement Dynamics AX for our customers with a primary focus on modules related to industry
- Use your knowledge of business processes and Dynamics AX to identify software gaps and suggest alternatives
- Write development specifications and interface with customers to test modifications and resolve any issues that arise
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications
- Contribute to the set-up and execution of Dynamics AX project work streams
- Manage and develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
- Demonstrate the capacity to plan, prioritize and organize their time, project schedules and multiple project activities
- Outstanding people management skills, including ability to lead a team and mentor individuals in career growth
- Ability to travel 100% of the time (Mon-Fri)
- Bachelor's Degree: Business or technology related BA/BS
- 2+ years Dynamics AX ERP implementation experience
- Experience participating in requirements gathering process for IT systems
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Ability to lead people, teams and projects
- Understanding of aspects of business management and strategic evaluation
- Master's Degree in business or technology
- Dynamics AX Certification (2009 or 2012)
- Prior consulting experience
- Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Strong client interface and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills-'Customer Focus'
- Manages customer expectations effectively
- Ability to quickly build relationships
- Passion for learning
- Strong time management skills
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 43971
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top