Sr. Dynamics AX/D365 Delivery Manager - Midwest
About the role
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) professionals design, customize, develop, deploy, and integrate enterprise ERP business application solutions for Avanade and its clients, with a primary focus on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. This involves analyzing, expertly designing and mapping the business process to the application with a diverse set of environments and additional solutions.
As a Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for successful delivery of ERP projects to Avanade clients through organization, management and monitoring of people, methodologies and technologies throughout the project life cycle. The Delivery Manager works closely with both internal Avanade and client stakeholders from requirements-gathering through full implementation, and must demonstrate capacity to encourage and sustain delivery of quality work. You will identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives, processes and tools that support enhancements in productivity, efficiency, issue resolution and cost.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Assist with business development activities or thought leadership in support of common objectives and priorities
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, while monitoring, reporting and responding to issues and risks associated with the project
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including traceable requirements, appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes
- Manage Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project
- Develop and implement change-management and change-enablement processes throughout project duration
- Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near-shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs).
You are an experienced leader of Business Applications projects. You should have expertise in ERP solutions (Microsoft preferable) and the lifecycle of planning, implementing and maintaining such solutions. You likely have around ten years of relevant experience and five years of managing complex teams of business and technical resources.
You should be able to demonstrate key proficiency including:
Business process design, systems configuration, application development, testing, localization and deployment
Consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in leadership roles
Excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and business stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, preferably in IT. Ideally, you also have Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Back to top