Sr Cons, Solution Dev
About the role
The Technical Sales team in our Market Units supports sales efforts by providing pre-sales technical expertise. It plays a vital role in enhancing Avanade's credibility with clients during deal origination and during the sales process. This team provides business and technical input on proposals and project documents and helps identify sales opportunities within existing accounts.
As Technical Sales Manager/ Solution Architect, you will provide technical support to an assigned Market Unit and translate customer needs into technical specifics. Your communication with the delivery team is vital to pairing the right solution with each client. You will develop a network of customer relationships and meet with customers to stay abreast of their changing needs and requirements. You will manage your own portfolio of accounts or support a senior technical expert with top-tier or high-risk accounts.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Along with the Sales Team, tailoring and shaping our proposition to the customers' IT and business leadership for our Enterprise Accounts
- Presenting alongside Sales our solution to customer CIO's, Chief Architect's, and VP's. Explaining the solution in detail, interpreting customer needs and responding to challenges to show the value and relevance to the customer business
- End-to-end solution shaping and solution architecture, including estimation, solution planning and interlocking with the Accenture and Avanade Market Units to create the optimal customer outcome
- Delivering technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, as well as feedback around the evolution of the solution
- Being always updated about IT solutions and products portfolio, providing direct contributes for our offerings as well as capitalizing feedback and outcomes from our delivery teams
In this role, we will support you to
- Be able to (or rapidly become) a thought leader across Avanade for the Digital Business powered by Microsoft Solutions
- Be highly experienced at Enterprise solution shaping from a business solution inwards as well as a technical solution outwards.
- Be able to describe and shape the end-to-end journey for a customer including transformation and migration through to new Service Models, (synthesizing and leveraging individual experts as appropriate)
- Be comfortable and experienced at dealing with CxO client and technology leadership.
- Be technically expert on Managed Services activities and ITIL best practices
- Provide proven abilities in project methodologies, estimation, and execution of IT outsourcing activities
- Expand your knowledge of Managed Services using Avanade assets and capabilities including onshore/offshore collaboration
You are an experienced technology architect or pre-sales consultant or project manager with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- 4-5 years of experience in several of the following Application and Infrastructure Outsourcing areas: Service Management, Application Maintenance, Application Development, Infrastructure Management, Testing Services, IT outsourcing
- 2-3 years of experience in team management and in leading technology application and/or infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation
- Good knowledge of financials management aspects regarding balance sheet, (Capex/Opex), P&Ls, IT budget
Your non-technical experience likely include:
- Consulting to external clients on complex projects
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Working together with global financials team to realize proper deal shaping
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence contributing to pricing strategy/approach
- Strong contract documentation experience (such as statement of work, Ts & Cs, SLAs, OLAs)
- Solid written and spoken English.
Requisition ID - 46897
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top