Sr. Cloud Solution and Application Modernization Architect
About the role
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will work to support the creation of various Cloud-based solutions and services for our customers (UCaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and help us grow our business and offerings on the Microsoft platform.
These components may include such mission-critical solutions as web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications. You will have key project and program leadership responsibilities and will serve as a career manager to other Solution Developers.
- Tailoring and shaping our proposition to the customers' IT and business leadership for our largest Enterprise Accounts by means of transitioning through delivery
- Presenting and defining our solution to customer CIOs, Chief Architects, and VPs. Interpreting customer needs and responding to challenges to show the value and relevance to the customer business
- The ability to answer deep technical questions on Solution Architecture and Development in the Public Cloud and solutions being recommended through examples or demonstrations
- End-to-end solution shaping and application solution architecture for Cloud Migration and Modernization, including estimation, solution planning and interlocking with the appropriate Accenture and Avanade teams to create the optimal customer outcome
- Delivering technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, as well as feedback around the evolution of the solution
- Defining Avanade solution offerings for Cloud Solution services and delivery capability including Managed Services
- Liaising with other solution architects in similar roles and global product management to define standardized solution baselines, application add-ons as well as industrialized delivery options
- Planning for and supporting service implementation, service transition, and, service introduction activities including appropriate change management services
- Working closely with our Market Unit Leads, acting as a subject matter expert in Cloud Solution Architecture and solutions, supporting our regional teams with their capability development and skills growth
- Travel as needed.
You are passionate about using technology to solve business problems. You are comfortable working with clients and their end users and translating their needs to technical teams. You have deep experience managing large multicultural teams to complete complex technology projects on time and within budget.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Expertise with the architecture and development of business solutions, acting as a thought leader in Cloud solutions for your existing organization
- Experience with Enterprise solution shaping from a business solution inwards as well as a technical solution outwards
Ability to describe and shape the end-to-end journey for a customer including transformation and migration through to new Service Models utilizing DevOps processes (synthesizing and leveraging individual experts as appropriate)
Background in Microsoft technologies (Azure, AWS, etc) would be highly beneficial as would experience of using an offshore workforce.
Your non-technical skills likely include:
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, leveraging global teams and offshore resources
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Awareness of other Cloud provider solution and ability to articulate at various levels comparisons against these from a solution and strategic perspective
- Experience working in consulting roles, working within new business teams and with a variety of clients for transformational outcomes
- Experience estimating and costing to implement Cloud solutions and of populating cost models and validating costing data and assumptions.
- Experience in the development of sales proposals
- Experience of Managed Services and successfully developing and delivering multi-workforce solutions.
You are likely to have four years of increasingly diverse or complex experience and one to two years of management experience. You are likely to have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
- 10-15 years proven experience in the architecture and development of business solutions. Acting as a thought leader in cloud solutions.
- Experience with enterprise application and software development
- Highly experienced in shaping end to end solutions to business leaders.
- Experienced in enterprise solution shaping and be comfortable dealing with technology leadership.
- Technically expert in the Microsoft Azure cloud platforms and services with an awareness of other cloud provider solutions (Amazon, Google).
- Competent in front of clients and able to contribute and present a strategy.
- End-to-end solution shaping and solution architecture for Cloud Migration and modernization from a business solution inwards as well as a technical solution outwards.
- Deep technical knowledge on Solution Architecture and Development in the Public cloud.
- Ability to describe and shape the end-to-end journey for a customer including transformation and migration through to new Service Models.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 46961
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top