Sitecore Architect - Hartford, CT
About the Role
We are looking for a Sitecore architect to design, implement, & deliver high quality Enterprise Sitecore solutions for our clients and customers. You will engage closely with our clients and act as the bridge between the business stakeholders and our development/delivery teams, providing oversight and ensuring day-to-day technical excellence of the delivery team. The ability to explain technical terms and processes to non-technical people is an essential function of this role and you'll be interfacing daily with our client teams, so you should be comfortable in any setting. You will ensure the right Sitecore solutions and digital strategy are used in order to meet the clients' business needs, prioritizing the solution efforts appropriately, integrating them and defining cross-selling messages for the client, while facilitating efficient implementation of the project. You will contribute in a variety of roles including thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, and debugging
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand business problem and provide "best-fit" architectural solutions that leverage the Sitecore platform.
- Lead development teams engaged in a project, providing technical mentoring, owning and driving tasks, managing backlogs, planning sprints, as well as contributing to development activities.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our clients, bringing thought leadership, informing their roadmap, and helping deliver business value with the Sitecore platform.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advances in Sitecore, identifying areas of new opportunity for our clients.
- Mentor, nurture, and develop talent.
- Act as SME on opportunities sourced by the Business Development team
- Assist with top-down or bottom-up project estimations and solutioning.
- You should be strong and experienced Sitecore architect with experience across the full software development lifecycle.
- You've architected high-availability, large-scale implementations of Sitecore, handling the needs of multi-national and/or multi-brand corporations.
- Experience with multiple version of Sitecore, preferably including versions 7.5, 8.x, 9.x
- You have experience architecting complex integrations with 3rd party systems such as ERP, CRM, DAM and PIM
- You have a good understanding of DevOps practices and are conversant with solutions such as TeamCity, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Mentor and guide junior developers to help them grow their technical and consulting capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate strong and broad technical leadership internally and to clients, impacting technical direction and driving value.
- Experience with client-focused solution architecture consulting, inclusive of project planning, estimating and resourcing
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Comprehensive understanding of the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing and high availability, etc
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
- 8+ years of IT industry experience, consulting, and/or agency experience
- 8+ years in Microsoft .NET Development with expert knowledge of C#
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with the Sitecore Experience Platform.
- Extensive experience in building Mobile-Responsive Web Applications on top of the Sitecore CMS Platform
- Familiar with related technologies i.e. HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, REST API, AJAX, ASP.NET MVC, SASS/LESS, node.js, gulp/grunt.
- Understanding of the digital marketing capabilities of Sitecore and best practices for customization and implementation
- Experience with cloud platforms and services (Azure or AWS) such as Microsoft Azure, including Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Virtual Machines
- Experience implementing enterprise application and design patterns.
- Experience working on enterprise Sitecore projects utilizing Helix principles.
- Experience architecting complex integrations with 3rd party systems such as ERP, CRM, DAM, PIM, eCommerce, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of the web: protocols, architectures, infrastructure, servers (IIS), proxies, load balancing and high availability, etc.
- Ability to travel to the customer location (up to 80% expected)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor's Degree Plus. Preferred majors: Computer Science or related field
• Sitecore Certification, preferably in ver. 9.x.
Back to top