Sitecore Architect - Dallas / Fort Worth
About the Role
As a Sitecore Technical Delivery Manager, you will assess, design, implement and support complex solutions delivered on Sitecore and the Microsoft Ecosystem. You will work on projects spanning from simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level change programs while exercising Agile and DevOps techniques to find the best solution possible for your client. You will have key project/program leadership responsibilities and will serve as a career advisor to other Solution Developers. Additionally, you will assist with customer relationship, change requirements, proposal development and some marketing/PR initiatives. Overall, you will contribute to the repository of intellectual property.
Day-to-day you will:
-Conduct architecture assessments and define solutions.
-Design, build, deliver and run enterprise solutions using Sitecore and the Microsoft Ecosystem (i.e., development, operations, execution, and support)
-Lead and review the team's work across all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
-Provide the work's technical scope, defining and driving the best solution to meet the technical performance, scalability, flexibility, operations and capability needs of your client
-Provide architecture Quality Assurance reviews for proposals and ongoing engagements
-Take responsibility for various initiatives, including work estimation, planning, stakeholder management, and group management
-Develop long-term technology strategies centered on client business objectives
-Identify services that will improve performance, enhance support, and increase capabilities
-Develop best practices for customer support and tools for team
-Coach, mentor, and motivate team members to influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
-Ensure offshore resources are utilized and leveraged appropriately
-Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to growth
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions with Sitecore 9 / 8
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS services
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions with C#/.Net
- Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience about application development, complex code development, application testing, component design
- Experience leading software development-focused projects
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in leadership roles
- Experience leading global teams on projects including offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (e.g., P&Ls, how decisions impact cost, profit, etc.)
- Solid written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies (eg. Scrum)
- Experience with DevOps practices
Sitecore Certified (V 9 / 8) preferred
You will likely possess a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
You will likely have 5+ years of related work experience
You will likely have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing medium sized teams.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business, and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 34,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Madeleine A.Solutions Developer
As a development lead on Avanade’s projects, including content management modernization, Madeleine works with a team of technical experts to develop and implement solutions for her clients.
Back to top