SharePoint/Office 365 Solution Architect
About the role
The Solution Development team focuses on designing, deploying and testing solutions for client projects. Involved at various stages throughout the project lifecycle, the Solution Developer works closely with the technical leadership and the functional team to understand a project's functional requirements. At higher levels, this role manages client relationship, change requirements, proposal development and may support some marketing/PR initiatives.
As a Group Manager, Solution Development, you will focus on designing, deploying and testing solution components of significant size and complexity with Office 365 and SharePoint 2016. These components may include such mission-critical solutions as web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications. You will have key project and program leadership responsibilities and will serve as a career manager to other Solution Developers.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead and review your team's work across all phases (plan, analyze, design, build and test)
- Direct efforts to define technical, operational and user requirements
- Design conceptual architecture and technical solutions and lead efforts to develop and implement client-approved solution
- Take responsibility for project activities including work estimation, planning, stakeholder management and project quality
- Own partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, beneficial client interaction and solution delivery
- Ensure that offshore resources are leveraged appropriately
- Take an active role in sales activities and planning as required
- Travel as needed.
You are passionate about using technology to solve business problems. You are comfortable working with clients and their end users and translating their needs to technical teams. You have deep experience managing large multicultural teams to complete complex technology projects on time and within budget.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Advanced skills in developing client-based or web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience in application development, complex code development, application testing and component design
- Experience leading software development projects.
Your non-technical skills likely include:
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, leveraging global teams and offshore resources
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Experience making use of service brokering in project work
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (such as P&Ls, how decisions impact cost and profit)
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
You are likely to have four years of increasingly diverse or complex experience and one to two years of management experience. You are likely to have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 4-7 years of increasingly diverse or complex experience
Management Experience: 1-2 years of management experience (For Group Managers)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Other Skills/Knowledge: N/A
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
- Experienced leading mid to large sized teams (5 to 10+ resources)
- Should have deep technical skills and be capable of serving as a subject matter expert in at least one Microsoft technology or business domain.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47322
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top