Senior Program Manager
Do you always deliver what you've promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs, and your business knowledge matches your excellent teamwork, communication and negotiating skills.
About the role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from planning to sales through execution and closure, with many stops in between. As Group Manager of Programme and Project Management, you look after all of them.
Your great management and people skills are at the heart of every project, across different businesses and borders, and you create and implement effective plans that meet operational objectives. Your multi-faceted role draws on your business knowledge to coordinate scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, monitoring and reporting to enable a fast response to any issue.
You build a collaborative team to support you guide front-line operations, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Day to day, you will:
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures, timelines, budget and quality outcomes
- Mentor and manage Avanade and sub-contractor staff
- Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project
- Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including service licensing agreements (SLAs)
You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you enable change around you. You think and work systematically and logically, and your strong communication and negotiating skills are backed up by technical skills and knowledge.
Your skills and experience include:
- Familiary with contract terms
- Experience of at least one software development methodology
- Knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- Expertise in Microsoft Project
- Experience in earned value reportingExperience within ERP projects
- You must be flexible to bn.ljtravel on a weekly basis, depending on your client project
- Language English fluent, we prefer that you speak one of the Nordic languages, but otherwise we will expect you to learn when you start at Avanade
- You will probably have a Bachelor's degree in Business or a technology-related field, and we'd really like it if you are a Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional. You're likely to have at least five to seven years of experience in managing teams, as well as large-scale and complex programs and projects.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top