Senior Manager, Analytics Presales Solutions Architect in St. Louis
About the role
The Analytics Architect team optimizes cutting edge technologies utilizing Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics services and platforms.
As Senior Manager, Analytics Solution Architect, you will actively participate in presales activities including public presentations, workshops and estimations. You will have a leading technical role in transitioning sales from qualifying to closing by working closely with the sales team and other technical consultants. You will work closely with program managers and bid teams to maximize the business development capacity and leverage Avanade capabilities. You will facilitate and execute requirements gathered during analysis and design phases and assist in driving business development initiatives with major stakeholders.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Participate in all aspects of sales activities, including demonstrations and proof of concepts
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of a data and analytics architecture that enables fact-based decision making, ad hoc analysis and insight generation
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data
- Partner with regional Microsoft and Accenture team to jointly plan and target mutual clients with well-defined AI offerings.
- Develop and streamline processes regarding data flow and quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value
- Mentor and groom Analytics team members
- Travel as needed. #dice
You are an experienced leader with a proactive and participative management style. You instill and reinforce a strong customer service and business-oriented ethic. You have excellent communication skills and can confidently communicate to all levels of the business from operational to executive. You have extensive pre-sales experience in solution envisioning, building demonstrations, estimates, proposal development, client presentations and conducting workshops. You possess a good understanding of sales strategies, tactics and cycles and demonstrate good problem solving and analytical skills.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Pre-sales for consulting projects for data and analytics solutions, including but not limited to, leading Client workshops, design sessions, architectures, project costs / time estimation, creating proposals, responding to RFI/RFPs, writing SOWs,
- Working with sells team to identify opportunities for data & analytics and supporting the sales team to make winning sales pitch.
- Experienced with building relationships and collaborating with Microsoft field teams for joint sales.
- Extensive experience with working and mobilizing teams (onsite and offshore)
- People leadership and management.
- Successfully led and delivery projects with team size of 10 or more members
- Architecture, Design, Development of big data and analytics solutions using Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, U-SQL, Azure Analysis Services and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Extensive experience in dimensional modelling and ETL processes
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools - PowerBI, PowerPivot, Excel, Tableau, Qlik, Cognos
- Strong knowledge and understanding of one or more database technologies use for large scale data warehouses - Oracle, SQL Server, Exadata, Netezza, Teradata
- Good understanding of big data technologies - Spark, Hadoop, Mongo, Cassandra
- Business Intelligence (BI) consulting/client-facing experience
- Exposure to non-Microsoft data and analytics tools/platforms
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Must be open to travel - up to 80% per work week
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 55404
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top