Senior HR Business Partner: Global Corporate Functions (Director/ Group Manager)
Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Global Corporate Functions
Job Level: Group Manager / Director
Job Location - Open globally
About the role:
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for managing the people aspect of Global Corporate functions. This role is a combination of being a strategic Business Advisor, as well as tactically manage daily HR operations for employees within the respective global function.
The work will involve partnership with Executive Committee members, their leadership teams and workforces around the world. The functions include Legal, Finance, Operations, Information Technology and Marketing. This important role will focus on employee engagement, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, performance management, professional development, compensation, budgeting, benefits and general administration.
Day-to-day, you will
- Help drive the Avanade HR strategy with leadership and their teams
- In conjunction with the Global Rewards team, contribute to the ongoing development of compensation structures to be market competitive, manage retention, motivation and/or attraction to ensure compliance with Avanade policy guidelines and governmental regulations.
- Act as "sounding board" for career development. Provide counseling to both employees and leadership on addressing career development needs.
- Liaise with Centers of Excellence to launch and manage various people programs including Talent Management, Rotation and Development, Engagement, Rewards and Recognition.
- Develop and supervise training initiatives including rotation plans, knowledge transfer, functional skill development, team building, etc.
- Prepare, coordinate and support business managers on employee integration and assimilation, performance feedback, terminations and reductions in force.
- As required, plan and implement changes for restructuring of business groups to manage changing business needs, and ensure smooth transition of employees into a new reporting structure.
- Contribute to the creation of global policies and programs through participation on special projects
- Handle employee grievances and conflict.
- Be an ambassador for employees at Avanade.
- Continually assess morale within the organization and prepare strategies to better motivate and retain current employees.
- Manage and update HR Databases / Systems and enable maximum benefit to be derived from the system
Your likely experience
- 8-10 + years of diverse or complex HR Business Partner experience (strategic and tactical)
- Recent work supporting Global Corporate Functions of 700 or more
- Recent experience supporting technical and/or consulting environments
- Proven expertise working with Executive Leadership teams
- Experience managing a small team of HR Generalists (1-5)
- Global experience is also a strong plus; understanding a variety of work cultures, employment laws and practices.
- Strong knowledge of the following competencies: compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruiting, performance management and professional development.
- Development and execution of policies and programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership ability
- Ability to succeed in a start-up environment that demands flexibility and offers ambiguity.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to be team oriented and collaborative,yet can provide individual contributor value also.
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of people, as well as, overall Avanade culture.
Management Experience- 8-10+ years preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Leadership or Psychology recommended
HR Certifications a strong plus: SPHR or PHR
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 35,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Requisition ID - 57116
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top