Senior Consultant, UX Design
About the role
The user experience (UX) team at Avanade is focused on work related to architecture, usability and content areas.
As a senior member of our UX design team, you will be an established expert in your field, experienced in applying exceptional skill to achieve business goals. As well as strong technical involvement and expertise, senior consultants are team leads - overseeing and checking others' work. On many projects, you will create UX transformation deliverables, in addition to contributing to and leading client engagements.
In this role, your emphasis will be on activities within your own area of expertise, working and making decisions independently on approach and actions.
Daily, this means you will:
- Create, evaluate and modify prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development
- Develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses
- Develop and apply software design and usability processes for investigating technical problems
- Provide solution usability, evaluation and support to project teams - including the analysis investigation of applications or systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction
- Help develop design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations
- Produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product or solution in development
You will likely have more than 4 years' relevant UX experience. Although not a requirement, we would prefer you to have some management experience as well.
You should have a Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree. In some circumstances, specific experience may be a substitute for a degree. A Master's qualification in a related discipline is an advantage.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Years of Experience:
4+ years relevant UX experience
Some management experience preferred, but not required
Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, Human/Computer Interaction, or similar degree; experience may substitute degree
- Experience with UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing, and content strategies
- Knowledge of visual design capabilities and strategies preferred
- Experience translating requirements into design specifications
- Experience researching, designing and/or proposing solutions with mobile layouts in mind
- Capable of understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirement:
Requisition ID - 55204
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top