Senior Consultant, Service Delivery
As a Sr. Consultant, Service Delivery, you will heavily involve in all aspects of delivery, partnering with the delivery lead to make sure that service levels are met. A service manager can have any of the following responsibilities:
- Confirm the incident category and priority.
- Confirm that the reported incident is valid.
- Assign the incident to the correct group or individual resource for investigation.
- Close incidents, update knowledge management databases, and log problems as needed.
- Assign problems for root cause analysis.
- Determine the feasibility of proposed problem resolutions, including the resource availability and potential schedules.
- Review and approve workarounds.
- Approve resolutions.
- Generate and review problem reports.
- Monitor problem resolution status and performance.
- Collect and analyze the trend data.
- Identify service improvements.
- Provide effective coordination with other departments in the analysis and resolution of problems.
- Log problems based on proactive analysis or an incident whose root cause is unknown.
- Assess the impact of problems.
- Categorize and prioritize problems.
- Submit the problems for resolution.
- Review the request for completeness.
- Verify that the request aligns to the Service Catalog.
- Review, prioritize, and allocate requests to the appropriate team or resource for fulfillment.
- Monitor fulfillment of all requests.
- Review overall team performance.
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Maintain overall accountability for the Request Fulfillment process for a specific area (for example: delivery center, region, client-facing programs, etc.).
- Provide resources to support fulfillment activities required throughout the request management lifecycle.
- Review request management reports with the request coordinator and delivery team leads.
- Serve as the key request management contact for other service management teams.
- Monitor and drive the efficiency and effectiveness of request management.
- Make recommendations for improvement.
- Review vendor performance at regular intervals with Supplier Management and the vendor.
- Develop and maintain request models.
- Represent request management activities in CAB meetings and service delivery reviews.
- Perform the initial review of a request for change.
- Request an impact assessment from the appropriate delivery team.
- Review impact assessment for completeness.
- Coordinate CAB change approval review.
- Update change record with results of CAB review.
- Propose release assignment.
- Update and publish the change schedule.
- Review built and tested change for completeness.
- Coordinate authorization of change deployment.
- Confirm change delivery.
- Coordinate and document post-implementation review of the change.
- Close the change record.
- Coordinate closure of incident, problem, and request records associated with the change.
- Determine whether to reject or reprocess a failed change.
Serve on the Change Advisory Board and Emergency Change Advisory Board to:
- Review change risk and impact assessment.
- Approve work on a change.
- Authorize deployment of change.
- Monitor and track events.
- Escalate events if needed.
- Inform stakeholders of the potential SLA risks, if any, and the status of the event.
- Generate, review, and analyze the event management reports.
- Document any process improvement opportunities, and submit this information to Quality Management.
- Work with the delivery manager to address risk or issues in service delivery, and make recommendations to Demand Management to resolve those risks or issues.
User Relationship Management
- Review all service improvements identified by the service specialist.
- Determine what actions to take to improve service delivery.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day to day you will:
- Partner with technical delivery center team, acting as bridge to clients or more senior Service Delivery team member
- Review delivery center workstreams in contract negotiation process, helping refine deliverables, budget, schedule, service levels, and other required operating metrics and scope
- Maintain project workplan to ensure timely deliverables that meet quality performance
- Identify/track problems and issues, escalating as necessary to delivery center leadership
- Participate in and lead project meetings with delivery center team
- Act as advocate for client to ensure delivery teams understand needs, requirements and drive towards quality deliverables
- Drive continuous process and client outcome improvement
- Monitor and analyze quality metrics and client satisfaction through available escalation/complaint tools
- Identify and suggest productivity improvements, implementing where possible with appropriate approval requirements
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Discipline Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience managing/overseeing work being delivered in necessary technical domains as required by hiring manager (e.g., infrastructure, .NET, cloud technologies, networking, etc.)
- Some experience planning and managing projects/programs which are resourced and executed by geographically-dispersed teams
- Basic understanding of project/program financials (e.g., budgeting, assessing financial impact, working with financial analysts)
- Knowledgeable of at least one software development methodology (e.g., Agile, Scrum, SDLC, Waterfall) -Knowledgeable of Microsoft platform technologies and tools
General Knowledge & Skills:
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Proven skills in stakeholder expectations management
- Results oriented; self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Customer-oriented attitude with great presentation and interpersonal skills
Project Management Institute CAPM certification preferred, but not required; ITIL certifications considered valuable. [INTERNAL USE ONLY] - DMA I completion
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess an undergraduate degree, preferably in technology or business-related field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have 3+ years of project and service management experience in an IT environment, especially for external clients; experience delivering technical for IT service projects may suffice
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
Prior management experience not required; 1+ years of management experience considered valuable
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work:Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Personal goals
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 46610
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top