Senior Consultant, Infrastructure/Cloud Consulting
About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Its expertise spans security, availability/fail-over, operating system/compute, storage, database, networking and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies.
As Senior Consultant, Infrastructure Consulting, you will participate in and sometimes lead the development of complex infrastructure solutions. You will work directly with clients to identify opportunities to transform their information technology landscapes and, as client business requirements change, help modify Avanade-designed infrastructure solutions. With a thorough understanding of both client and Avanade businesses, you will oversee people and project management for projects of moderate size and complexity.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Design and conduct systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Support all project change management efforts as directed by more senior team members and change specialists
- Create project deliverable documentation, including design, build and operations guides
- Coordinate with other project team members to ensure efficient use of offshore resources
- Manage smaller projects and junior-level resources
- Travel as needed.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Knowledge of several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Understanding project financials
- Solid written and spoken English.
You likely have five years of relevant systems engineering and/or infrastructure experience. Some management or supervisory experience is preferred but not required.
You probably have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012 and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
The candidate must have a good knowledge and practical experience in the following Microsoft products and technologies:
- Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Technologies (Office 365, Windows Azure, System Center)
- Windows server and client operating systems (Windows Server 2012 / 2008 - Windows 10 / 8)
- Microsoft application infrastructure (Dynamics CRM & AX, Team Foundation Server)
- Enterprise infrastructure (AD, ADFS, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint)
- Virtualization technologies (Servers and Applications)
Professional background (Education & Qualification, Years of Experience)
- Minimum 8 years of infrastructure experience
- Minimum 5 years of consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Industry recognized certifications and memberships is a plus (MCSE, MSTS, MSITP, etc.)
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Requisition ID - 47818
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top