Senior Consultant, Infrastructure IS Consultant
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career...it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As an Infrastructure IS Consultant, you will design, install and configure server infrastructures, plan and implement enterprise technology infrastructures, design network security and develop operations solutions to manage Microsoft and multi-vendor environments. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property.
You are involved with the following:
- Cloud Migration: Migrate on premise platform or enterprise applications to Microsoft Azure
- Platform Migration: Migrate platforms to the latest Microsoft operating system
- Server Consolidation: Maximize resources that are under-utilized to increase reliability and centralize administration
- Data Center Operations: Evaluate processes and infrastructure design to more efficiently manage operations and reduce costs while increasing predictability
- Enterprise Directories: Deploy enterprise-wide business directories to lower administrative costs, coordinate end-user accounts, and reduce development costs
- Desktop Deployment: Execute large-scale desktop deployments without productivity or data loss
- 3+ years of experience in the following:
Cloud Migration: Cloud Strategy, Multi-layer Application architecture on Microsoft Azure, Configure and troubleshooting of Azure VM, Azure Virtual Network, Azure Security group, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Storage Azure Apps, Azure SQL database, Azure SQL database Data warehouse, Azure Redis Cache, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Search, Azure AD.
- Platform Migration and Deployments: Software and hardware installation, configuration, web server support, installation and maintenance of Windows operating systems, Exchange, Active Directory, SCOM, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, IIS, SQL Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) and desktop configuration
- Networking: Networking protocols, network design, backups, security, monitoring, hardware load balancing technologies and change control procedures
- Desktop Transformation: SMS/SCCM knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and proficiency in two or more of the following:
- Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to understand a customer's needs
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skill
- Experience developing technical requirements based on business imperatives
- Good English and Mandarin communication skills
- Ability to travel as required (75%)
- University Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- MSCTS and/or MSCIP Certification
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top