Senior Consultant, Infrastructure Consulting
As a Senior Consultant, Infrastructure Consulting, you will design, install, and configure enterprise technology architecture, components of which include security, availability/fail-over, OS/compute infrastructure, storage infrastructure, database infrastructure, network infrastructure, and operations, typically in Microsoft or multi-vendor environments. You will apply your functional knowledge and technical expertise in the design of systems to support customer needs. Additionally, you will leverage knowledge of customers' and Avanade's businesses to enhance the value of our solutions. You will be accountable for people / project / program management responsibilities, particularly for sizes of moderate size and complexity.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, you will:
- Contribute to and may lead in all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Develop and modify complex infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments, relying on specialized infrastructure / networking knowledge
- Create project deliverable documentation, including design, build, and operations guides
- Work and interact directly with clients to identify opportunities and transform information technology landscapes to new technology environments
- Define and establish information technology operations, processes, procedures and toolsets to manage and maintain requirements specified for a solution
- Design and conduct systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Coordinate with and ensure other project team members are leveraging off-shore resources
- Support creation and execution of change management efforts that accompany solutions
- Manage smaller projects, components of larger projects, and junior-level resources
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Experience in several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration, and enterprise directories
- Experience with operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
- Experience with specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
- Experience interacting with external clients in a professional capacity
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with off-shore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Good understanding of project financials, P&Ls, etc. considered beneficial
- Solid written and spoken English skills
MCSA - Windows Server 2012 and MCSE - Server Infrastructure required within 2 years of hire or credential availability.
See Avanade's internal certification page for more details. Advanced certifications are optional.
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, or similar degree; equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for degree.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have a minimum of 5 years relevant systems engineering and/or infrastructure experience
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
Some management or supervisory experience preferred, but not required
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
Accountable for verifying accuracy and quality of others' work products against established standards, precedents, and best practices
Accountable for chargeability and training targets
Accountable for supervising junior-level resources
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 53365
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top