Senior Consultant, Data Engineering
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career...it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
Your primary responsibility will be to define, design, develop, deploy, and transition complete enterprise DW\BI solutions using Microsoft technologies. You will closely engage with key client personnel including business and IT stakeholders and participate in all areas of the development life-cycle. You will also actively participate in pre-sales including workshops and estimations.
- Business Development - 20%
- Team Lead / Application Architecture - 60%
- Development - 20%
- 7+ years relevant experience with DW \ BI design and implementation
- Requirements gathering, analysis & design of ETL processes, Data Warehouses, multi-dimensional databases and OLAP cubes
- Delivering OLAP data to end users using Excel, PerformancePoint, Monitoring & Analytics and MDX
- Experience with SharePoint and .Net Framework is a plus.
- General consulting skills, including: team facilitation and business case development.
- Pre-sales skills, including solution envisioning, building demonstration, estimate.
- First-class client interfacing skills and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Relevant Microsoft Training/Certifications preferred (MCAD .NET, MCSD .NET, MCDBA)
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Joshua C.Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top