Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Consulting
As a Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Consulting, you will assist with designing, installing, and configuring enterprise technology architecture, components of which include security, availability/fail-over, OS/compute infrastructure, storage infrastructure, database infrastructure, network infrastructure, and operations, typically in a Microsoft or multi-vendor environment. You will rely on professional knowledge with limited oversight and high latitude on profession discretion to help design and implement Avanade solutions.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day to day, you will:
- Participate, with limited oversight, in all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
- Support developing or modifying infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments with some discretion for personal approach
- Assist with creating project deliverable documentation, including design, build, and operations guides
- Assist in defining and establishing information technology operations, processes, procedures and toolsets to manage and maintain requirements specified for more complex solutions
- Support infrastructure project deployment efforts, potentially owning a part of the deployment
- Support systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Provide support to all project change management efforts as directed by more senior team members and change specialists
- Provide recommendations to consultants and managers to resolve business issues
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Knowledgeable in several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration, and enterprise directories
- Knowledgeable about operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
- Knowledge of specific technologies as specified by hiring manager
- Prior project and/or consulting work a plus
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders
- Good communications and presentations skills
- Solid written and spoken English skills
MCSA - Windows Server 2012 and MCSE - Server Infrastructure required within 2 years of hire or credential availability.
See Avanade's internal certification page for more details. Advanced certifications are optional.
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, or similar degree; equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for degree.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You will likely have 2+ years of relevant systems engineering and/or infrastructure experience
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Provides technical, administrative, or operational support with developed understanding of processes, procedures & best practices.
- Scope of Work: Primarily focused on own work, and execution of prescribed work plans.
- Complexity: Slightly more complex assignments that are usually amenable to standard processes and routines.
- Discretion: Some discretion in how work is approached, but still primarily delivering work aligned to standard processes.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts primarily impact self and immediate team.
- Supervision Received: General oversight from more senior colleagues / managers.
- Supervision Provided: Provides informal supervision to less experienced colleagues on routine matters.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies basic knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline, or strong understanding of organizational policies and processes. A work-relevant degree is typical at this stage.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Accountable for timeliness, accuracy and quality of own work
- Accountable for chargeability and training targets
- Accountable for project and annual goals
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 45380
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top