Senior Advisory Services Consultant - Brisbane, Canberra & Sydney
Believe you can make things happen? So do we!
Multiple roles / Multiple Cities
Grow your career with Avanade!
At Avanade we are committed to helping our clients accelerate progress, creating momentum through our focus on business outcomes, human interactions and relationships, delivering high-performance technology solutions. In support of the growth of our team we are seeking stand-out consultants who embrace change, thrive in collaboration and possess a real passion for technology.
Day-to-day, you'll work on high-profile digital projects while being surrounded by people who are driven to deliver results for our clients and their customers. As your career progresses you will hone your craft by choosing to become the expert in customer and employee experience, intelligent digitisation, security, insights and analytics, technology architecture, or organisational change.
About you You understand the vital role that technology plays in transforming businesses, quickly spotting and sharing opportunities that others might miss. You use your passion, energy commercial acumen and intellect to bring life to your ideas to build support across an organisation.
What it's like to work with us At Avanade, we are motivated by a clear purpose: to make a human impact. Our advisory team is expanding and there is plenty of opportunity to grow your career. You'll be supported by our incredible leadership team who will encourage you, challenge you and advocate for you.
Often working in compact teams, individuals can have a significant impact on our client relationships, market offerings, and your fellow team members.
Avanade knows that a well-balanced employee is a happy employee, so we offer some unique perks to make your life easier. Our people receive an additional week of paid leave (for when it's time to get on top of your life admin), as well as gadget and wellness allowances.
About the Job As an Advisory Services Senior Consultant, we're looking to you to put your client's business and technology processes under a microscope, quickly understanding their business inside and out, while helping leaders to make sense of their goals and technology through combinations of human-centred design, research, business analysis, and communication. You will be central to creating and building plans that people will support and deliver.
In this role, you will:
- Play a key part in delivering ideation, technology strategy, planning, business case and prototyping engagements, and supporting business and technology teams to drive the implementation of your recommendations
- Work with leaders and teams to define and plan for the technology shifts required to support the client agenda for their business
- Help clients understand short and long-term business implications (people, process, systems, change) of technology strategies and digital strategies, including the competitor landscape
- Explore the commercial impacts and possibilities enabled through new technologies and ways of working
- Support the delivery of organisation-wide change initiatives that result from technology strategies
- Help clients innovate and experiment, running ideation sessions through to refining use cases for prototypes
- Support technology selection and procurement engagements through providing a mix of technical and analytical expertise
- Travel, as needed
Your skills To be successful you have a real passion for people, with an enthusiasm for diving into challenges at the intersection of business process, people and technology - and a validated history of delivering outcomes through technology.
At this point in your career you will have at least 3-5 years of business & technology consulting ideally with:
- A growing strategic understanding of product management, business models, modern technology approaches and operating models
- Demonstrable skills in analysing and understanding a variety of problems experienced by medium to large-scale organisations
- Have a track record of delivering project work streams and specific client requirements through your skill in project management, focus on outcomes, clear communication and empathy for people across different backgrounds
- A knack for explaining complex technologies and concepts in a non-technical language
- An understanding of the consulting and technology procurement cycle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
You have an undergraduate degree in business consulting, computer science or related fields, and have a demonstrated curiosity for new knowledge with relevant post-graduate certifications.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top