SCCM/Desktop Architect - MW
About The Job
Our Infrastructure Services function manages the systems that keep our clients ahead of the pack. As a consultant, you will design, install and configure enterprise technology architecture. Your knowledge and technical expertise in systems design will support and respond to client needs.
As a specialist partner to technology and design teams, you will work together to integrate technology, operations and solutions requirements into relevant strategies. Alongside this, you will create supporting documentation, including design, build and operations guides.
Working directly with clients, you will help identify opportunities and manage the transformation to new technology environments. You will also define and set up information technology processes, procedures and toolsets.
Designing and conducting systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) is a core part of the role, ensuring a smooth transition from testing to implementation, and issue resolution.
You will be involved with the following:
• Desktop Deployment: Execute large-scale desktop transformation deployments, often from legacy operating systems to modern operating systems.
• Platform Migration: Migrate platforms to the latest Microsoft operating system
• Server Consolidation: Maximize server resources that are under-utilized to increase reliability and centralized administration
• Data Center Operations: Evaluate processes and infrastructure design to more efficiently manage operations and reduce costs while increasing predictability
• Enterprise Directories: Deploy enterprise-wide business directories to lower administrative costs, coordinate end-user accounts, and reduce development costs
• Application Enablement: Track and manage endpoint readiness through the application enablement lifecycle, including testing
• Interface with customers on a regular basis and provide status updates
We are interested in your experience of infrastructure solutions, particularly in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security and cloud technologies. We also want to hear about your experience of working internationally with offsite teams to facilitate work.
Since you will often be working directly with clients, you will need outstanding communication skills. You will be able to make complex infrastructure systems sound simple and interesting. In other words, you will be more interested in showing our clients how well a product works for them than telling them how brilliantly we've made it.
• 1+ years of consulting experience designing and delivering enterprise Microsoft infrastructure solutions
• 3+ years' experience with System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) design/architecture and operations/administration
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Servicing Models (i.e.: Windows-as-a-Service), including Service Channels, Deployment Rings, and Readiness Approaches.
• Experience performing large scale endpoint migrations to modern Operating Systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office ProPlus deployment and maintenance approaches
• Experience with Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM), specifically around desktop management and deployment
• Experience with PowerShell scripting
• Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows
• Strong knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, and Messaging Architecture
• Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructure
• Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Knowledge of desktop and application virtualization
• Experience with Windows Analytics / Windows Upgrade Readiness
• Experience with endpoint encryption software (BitLocker, Symantec)
• Experience with 3rd party migration tools such as QMM (Quest/Dell Migration Manager)
• Experience with O365 migrations is desired
• Experience with Intune is a plus
• Must be open to travel to customer locations
You likely have at least two years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top