Regional Security Lead - Canada
About the role
As Avanade looks to build and expand a Security Practice, senior, experienced, credible resources are needed to establish strategy, build capability, work directly with Avanade clients, and to engage senior executives at Accenture and Microsoft.
The Canadian Regional Security Lead is a client-facing role, responsible for building Avanade's Security Practice across Canada. Key responsibilities include defining and implementing the go-to-market security strategy for Canada, and for meeting Area-level Security sales and revenue targets. This role is responsible for building pipeline/sales/revenue by providing sales support, and representing Avanade in the marketplace.
The ideal candidate would be someone with 15+ years of infrastructure or security-related work at a professional services firm and/or as a former CISO, and have expertise in an industry (Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, or Manufacturing preferred)
Day-to-day, you will:
- Build the security practice within the region, working with architects, business development teams, and leaders to develop and build the security practice.
- Work with practice leaders to implement security components into existing offerings and engagements to increase the value proposition and impact of Avanade offerings.
- Act as a trusted advisor for Avanade clients, recommending and identifying opportunities to increase and address security considerations.
- Work closely with enterprise architects to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative cloud based security offerings.
- Support implementation teams on the assessment of the security status of their programs, identifying actions and steps to secure the project across the product lifecycle.
- Develop metrics that demonstrate current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment for these activities.
The ideal candidate must have strong foundation across Microsoft or other security offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to key stakeholders along with experience with the following:
- 15+ years of Architecture and security management for both on-premises and cloud-based environments
- Privileged access management technologies
- Security frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 or NIST 800-53
- Creating security framework, SIRRP process and/or forensic handling methods
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security analytics, anomaly detections, PKI
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, Microsoft Mobility MCP Exam 98-368, or other relevant certifications (preferred)
- Market understanding of industry trends for cybersecurity, risk & threat intelligence, and governance
- Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft security technologies and strategy
- Program management skills and solution support for security transformation/implementation programs
- Business case development skills for justifying & funding security programs and investment
- Subject matter expertise & domain knowledge for key frameworks (NIST, etc.)
To supplement the technical knowledge and project delivery experience, the successful candidate will come from a Consulting background with good customer facing skills, the ability to gather customer requirements and produce high quality written deliverables. As a consultant, you must be willing to travel to our client locations as needed.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act .
Requisition ID - 54281
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top