Regional Digital Lead - Western Canada
About the role
The Digital Strategy team leads in setting strategy, creating content and implementing new media marketing solutions for clients large and small. It applies deep digital and content expertise in guiding Avanade clients to productive use of digital marketing solutions.
As Director, Digital Lead, you will create client strategies in Experience Design. This will involve leading projects, teams and capabilities across multiple work streams to ensure that Avanade is a leader in the new digital business landscape (mobile, big data, social, cloud). You will set the strategic direction for digital and marketing strategy engagements with participation in pre-sales activities, key stakeholder engagement and team oversight. You will manage stakeholder relationships, guide experience design teams and be an active participant in the global experience design community.
Day-to-day, you will:
Collaborate cross-functionally (product, channel, marketing, finance, technology development) to facilitate implementation of strategic projects across clients
- Drive content, service design and digital strategy planning, business case development, business process improvement and portfolio transformation
- Engage client from pre-sales on, maintaining strong executive-level relationships
- Partner with client business stakeholders as a trusted advisor to help them understand short and long-term business implications of proposed or potential business strategies
- Lead Avanade teams to ensure that our digital strategy practice follows best practices and lead creative efforts to innovate through the use of evolving technologies and communities
- Travel as needed.
You are creative, collaborative and connected. You stay up-to-date on the latest digital and new media marketing venues and techniques, and are energized when brainstorming digital solutions with your team. You are excited about the prospects of creating innovative digital strategies for some of the most influential organizations in the world.
Your skillset likely includes:
Demonstrated expertise in digital and new media marketing techniques
- Expert knowledge of offerings within your area of specialization and general understanding of other offerings
- Experience in building and managing design team in a consulting or agency environment
- Proficient understanding of and passion for digital media distribution and deployment
- B2B and B2C experience
- Experience working with web and mobile designs and solutions
- Active presence in relevant digital strategy communities
- Ability to create globally relevant solutions.
You are likely to have around nine years of relevant digital strategy, digital marketing or media experience and three years of management experience. A Bachelor's Degree in marketing, media production, communications or similar fields is desirable, although experience may substitute for a degree. A Master's Degree is a plus.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience:
9+ years relevant digital strategy, digital marketing, or media experience
3+ years managing people/teams
Bachelor's degree in marketing, media production, communications or similar degree; experience may substitute for degree. Master's in related discipline a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in new media and digital marketing techniques
- Expert knowledge of offerings within one's area of specialization and general understanding of other offerings
- Preferred experience building and managing design team in a consulting or agency environment
- Expert understanding of and passion for digital media distribution and deployment
- B2B and B2C experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with web/mobile designs and solutions
- Maintains active presence in relevant digital strategy communities
- Capable of thinking globally and proposing globally-applicable solutions
Requisition ID - 51091
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top