Regional Advisory Leader, Canada
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group-the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Based in Toronto, the Lead, Advisory for Avanade Canada is a newly created position with overall responsibility to develop and build Avanade's Advisory business nationally. The advisory business is comprised of four main practices:
- Organization Change Management
- Modern Workplace
- Business Applications
- Data & AI
- Applications & Infrastructure
Avanade's IT Advisory launched in 2016 and the team has quickly grown to approximately 300 consultants globally with the ambition to rapidly scale up to over 1,000. Given the size of the opportunity in the Canadian market, this is a key hire and will be pivotal to the growth and success of the business in the region.
More specifically, the Regional Advisory Executive, Canada will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing a strategic plan, with significant leeway, to drive growth in the region
- Building and leading a top tier Advisory team in Canada
- Creating internal and external awareness for the advisory business with clients, partners, and vendors across Avanade's ecosystem
- Providing expert guidance to clients
- Collaborating with industry leaders in similar positions in peer organizations and with clients on creating and sharing best practices.
The successful candidate will be a leader with proven experience driving rapid growth within an IT / Digital consulting business. We are seeking a leader who has a strong track record of both selling and delivering consulting services for large scale, complex companies. As a 'market maker', s/he will have strong abilities to both sell projects to existing clients as well as build new client relationships. S/he must bring the ability to frame client business objectives in the office of the CIO/CMO/CFO and be able to develop an approach to address these through Avanade's Advisory Services. A background in IT and/or Digital strategic consulting disciplines is critical. It is also important for the candidate to have a strong executive presence and the ability to build credibility with clients based on domain expertise, as this person will be expected to function as a trusted advisor to executives. In terms of cultural fit, this individual must have a 'get-it-done' approach with the ability to roll up his / her sleeves in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished leader with:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic plan to drive growth in the region
- Management consulting experience - can sell and deliver
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Advisory to develop flow through business
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Strategic and visionary thinker who understands the market and anticipates potential future scenarios to ensure that Avanade becomes an industry leader in IT Advisory across Canada.
- Thinks outside the box and challenges the team with disruptive possibilities while having the pragmatism to ensure that ideas are realistic and feasible.
- Understands the bigger picture and develops and implements strategies that are driven by tangible actions.
- Understands the objectives of CIOs as well as other executive level decision makers.
- Business builder by nature, entrepreneurial, identifies opportunities
- Builds and strengthens relationships at the most senior levels within current and potential clients and translates these relationships into new business opportunities.
- Identifies marketplace trends, understands the pain points of prospective clients, knows the competitive landscape, and can conceptualize and articulate differentiated offerings leveraging the experience/expertise of Avanade.
- Possesses a compelling vision of how to apply Avanade's capabilities in an impactful way and the ability to clearly communicate this vision to the client and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to attract top talent to help build and grow the team. A track re cord of leading and developing high-performing, content rich teams is critical.
- Leads by example and sets the highest benchmarks for professionalism and performance expectations.
- Enthusiastic leader who enjoys working with world-class technologists.
- Hands-on leader and mentor who holds people accountable for results, has the ability to roll up his/her sleeves, and makes difficult talent decisions.
Relationships and Influence
- Possesses the gravitas, executive and networking skills required to build his/her brand with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborative working style, both with clients and those within Avanade.
- Interpersonally, s/he will need to have cultural astuteness, ethic, rigor, and a healthy balance between humility and ego.
- Sophistication to successfully work within a matrix environment where the caliber of executives is high.
- A trusted advisor to clients and internal stakeholders who demonstrates a high degree of sales affinity (business development, account development).
Back to top