The Avanade Program/Project Management team is responsible for successfully delivering projects to Avanade clients through sound project organization, staff management and adherence to proven methodologies and technologies.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring successful project delivery as measured by schedule, budget, deliverable quality and client satisfaction. You will be actively involved in the sales and estimating phases of each project as well as in planning, mobilization, execution and closure. Throughout the project lifecycle, you will regularly communicate status to all stakeholders, manage risks and issues and monitor financial performance.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks and propose and implement adjustments as necessary
- Ensure accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- Manage client expectations, updates and buy-in, including representing Avanade at governance meetings
- Manage Avanade and subcontractor staff; engage and partner with onshore, offshore and near-shore workforces
- Determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities and schedule
- Ensure that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively.
You are a results-oriented people leader who is eager to see how project are run in a global company using multi-national teams. You know how to organize diverse resources and bring together diverse stakeholders in support of project goals. Your leadership and organizational capabilities help you to win, no matter how complex or immovable a project obstacle appears to be.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology
- Working knowledge of some Microsoft platform technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar
- Basic knowledge of contract terms and working knowledge of earned value reporting
Your general business skills likely include:
- Proven skills in customer expectations management, client interface, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills, and clear and concise oral and written communication
- Solid business acumen
- Good time management.
You most likely have four to six years of consulting project management experience and at least three years of leadership experience. Your education likely includes a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in business or a technology-related field. Project Management Institute (PMI) or similar certification is preferred but not required.
Requisition ID - 45419
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top