Project Manager – Brisbane
Avanade Delivery/Project Managers are responsible for planning and documenting projects, analysing business needs/requirements, coordinating resources, and ensuring accurate/timely communication with customer. Assists with sales and marketing including estimation and negotiation. Additionally, the role is the point of contact for users with business questions, driving communication and training, support delivery initiatives and work with the Global Delivery Management team to align with other Delivery Management and Avanade strategies.
A Project Manager (PM), Delivery Management is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of a customer project. To accomplish this the PM will own and manage:
- Project Management (Scope, Schedule, Resources - Deliver on-time, on-budget, with good quality)
- Risk management of active projects
- Project financials
- Project delivery assurance including:
- Application of Avanade Delivery Stack elements or other appropriate methodologies and tools if dictated by the customer
- Application of appropriate project management practices, including QA reviews
- Compliance with our corporate standards (legal, commercial, delivery, etc)
- Customer satisfaction and project acceptance
- Manages issues and risks associated with the project. Includes balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks, and managing aspects through formal change management mechanisms.
- Experience with working with offshore capability
- Develops, implements and maintains a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes.
- Ensures accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle.
- Manages the change enablement process throughout project duration.
- Manages client expectations, updates and buy-in, including representing Avanade at governance meetings.
- Manages and develops customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals.
- Manages Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project.
- Determines the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule.
- Ensures that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively.
- Engages and manages appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs).
- Assists in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools.
- 6 + years' experience with delivery in a range of industry verticals using the Microsoft Platform of Technologies
- Managing blended on-shore and offshore teams will be highly regarded
- Experience working as part of a consulting organization delivering projects / programs of work into Enterprise Customer
- Program and project management methods, tools and techniques
- Contract terms and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and tools
- Experience in proposal development, project estimation, project delivery and exposure to application management and support
- Broad experience in running multiple simultaneous projects (varying sizes and complexities);
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong customer relationship and consulting skills
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Agile, Iterative or waterfull delivery methods
- Web experience an advantage
- Agile, PMP and / or Prince2 certification desirable
Requisition ID - 47592
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top