At Avanade we create change for a living, and joining us is your chance to do the same. Our consultants across more than 20 countries are helping the world's biggest and most innovative organizations realize results in a digital world with business technology solutions, cloud and managed services that combine insight, innovation and expertise in Microsoft technologies.
Our alliances, approach and expertise give us a unique ability to get to the heart of a situation quickly and easily. We bring together the best Microsoft skills, business and industry acumen, global collaboration that deliver customer results, deep ties to Accenture and Microsoft and an agile and flexible delivery approach.
Are you our next Project Manager?
We are looking for project managers with drive and passion for technology, that will partner with our clients to improve success of delivery of medium/large IT-projects based on Microsoft technology. You have a strong desire to grow as project manager and leader and are motivated to contribute at further developing Avanade and our business.
At Avanade, business and technology consulting is not just your career - it is your passion. That means more than just working with innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, our customers, and the world.
As a Project Manager in Avanade you will become part of a skilled and result driven team, and get the chance to lead complex projects for some of the biggest companies in Norway.
You will be responsible for developing and managing the overall project plan and identifying, tracking, and managing project issues and risks. You will need to clearly define the project's objectives, create schedules and oversee quality control throughout the entire project and you will lead the execution and delivery of quality productions for the client/project.
We are a company with a Global Delivery approach, with one of the highest concentrations of Microsoft certified professionals in the world, and in your role, you will be driving Global Delivery Network usage in our projects.
The role is part of our delivery leadership team in Norway and reports to the delivery lead in Norway.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule for smaller projects.
- Define team member roles and expectations for smaller teams, and ensure timely feedback and motivate your team to deliver the best results
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations
- Review and manage all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope-change process.
- Represent the project team at customer meetings together with Avanade leadership and drive long-term relationships with the client
- Ensure that the end-product fulfills the contract and meets the sponsor's expectations
- Up to 6 years of working experience and minimum 2 years experience with project/team management for smaller and medium sized engagements focused on technology solutions, ideally gained in the IT consulting industry
- Experience in delivering successfully through the full project lifecycle
- Understanding of project management methodologies. Project management course and certifications are a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and team members
- Relevant higher education at master level with business/economics or technology background
- Fluency in both Norwegian and English
In addition you are:
- A strong team player with a passion for technology as well as business processes
- Analytical, proactive and with business acumen
- Accountable and driven by taking on responsibility and a leadership role
- Curious and motivated to constantly learn
In Avanade you will build a career with the world's leading consulting company dedicated to Microsoft technology. Joining us you will become part of a skilled and result driven international company. Sharing our passion for technology, you will work on complex and challenging projects and contribute to driving innovation and making an impact together with our customers.
Career development is central in Avanade and we believe that the technical and consulting skills of our employees are extremely important to be the market leader and therefore we offer a minimum of 80 hours of training every year. A personally assigned career manager will help you focus and grow your career. We also offer internal development programs focused on delivery management, leadership skills and consulting skills.
Requisition ID - 43836
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top