As a Manager, Program/Project Management, you will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of projects as measured by schedule, budget, customer satisfaction and deliverable quality performance measures. This role will actively support sales and will be accountable for estimating, planning, mobilization, execution, and successful closure of projects.
During the project life-cycle, you will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and will issue and monitor financial performance according to in place agreements made between Avanade and the customer.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Manage issues and risks associated with the project, including balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks, and will manage aspects through formal change management mechanisms
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality outcomes
- Ensure accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- Manage the change enablement process throughout project duration
- Manage client expectations, updates and buy-in, including representing Avanade at governance meetings
- Manage and develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
- Manage Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project.
- Determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule
- Ensure that project resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively
- Engage and manage appropriate onshore, offshore, and near shore workforces.
- Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Good understanding of contract terms and interpretation
- Demonstrated understanding of key Project/Program Management disciplines (estimating, work planning, contract management, scope management, user acceptance, etc.)
- Experience in customer expectations management
- Demonstrated experience employing project management methods, tools, techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- Good knowledge of Earned Value Management reporting
Other skills and knowledge:
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good client interface and presentation skills
- Good business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Good people management skills, including ability to lead a team and mentor individuals in career growth
Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred, but not required
[INTERNAL USE ONLY] - DMA II completion
Preferred Education Background:
You likely have a Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field (or equivalent).
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 5 - 7 years of consulting project management experience.
Preferred Years of Management Experience:
4+ years of direct people management experience
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgment of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Personal goals
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 46146
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top