The Avanade Project Management team is responsible for successfully delivering projects to Avanade and our Alliance clients through sound project organization, staff management and adherence to proven methodologies and technologies.
As a Manager in Project Management, you will be responsible for ensuring successful project delivery as measured by schedule, budget, deliverable quality and client satisfaction. You will be actively involved in all stages of the project, from sales to delivery, including planning, mobilization, execution and closure. Throughout the project lifecycle, you will regularly communicate status to all stakeholders, manage risks and issues and monitor financial performance.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage client expectations, updates and buy-in, including representing Avanade at governance meetings
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks and propose and implement adjustments as necessary
- Ensure accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
- Determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities and schedule
- Manage Avanade and subcontractor staff; engage and partner with onshore, offshore and near-shore workforces
- Ensure that project resources are used effectively and receive the necessary training needed.
- Travel as needed.
You are an experienced, results-oriented project manager. You know how to organize diverse resources and bring together diverse stakeholders in support of project goals. Your leadership and organizational capabilities help you to win, no matter how complex or immovable a project obstacle appears to be.
Your skillset likely includes:
- Previous experience managing technology projects with a mix of onshore and offshore resources
- Knowledge of contract terms and working knowledge of earned value reporting.
- Experience in managing and tracking project budgets
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Understanding of Microsoft platform technologies
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools, for example Microsoft Project
- Proven skills in customer expectations management, client interface, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills, and clear and concise oral and written communication
- Solid business acumen
- Good time management.
- Fluency in Finnish and English
You most likely have at least four years of management experience. Your education likely includes a Bachelor's Degree in business or a technology-related field. Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is preferred but not required.
If you have any questions or want to know more about this role before applying, feel free to reach out to the hiring manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition ID - 48352
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top