Project Management - Software Development Consulting
About the role
The Solution Development team focuses on designing, deploying and testing solutions for client projects. Involved at various stages throughout the project lifecycle, the Solution Developer works closely with the technical leadership and the functional team to understand a project's functional requirements.
You will be responsible for the leadership, planning, project coordination and management of assigned areas. You will set performance goals and own your team's progress in meeting key strategic objectives. You will ensure that solution efforts are appropriately prioritized, that solutions are integrated, and that the company has defined the right solution cross-selling messages for various regions. You will be responsible for optimizing team and individual contributions and will have some responsibility in supporting sales, marketing and PR efforts.
Day-to-day, you will:
Review efforts and outputs from-and provide strategic direction to-groups across workstreams during all project phases
- Ensure that assigned groups are capable of meeting present and future needs through development and talent acquisition strategies
- Provide strategic guidance on requirements gathering and subsequent solution design efforts
- Act as a trusted advisor to client organizations, resolving conflict and identifying future business opportunities
- Establish beneficial working relationships across Avanade and take anactive role in sales and pre-sales efforts
- Travel as needed.
You are a technology guru with deep management experience. You have experience leading large offshore teams in developing complex solutions that meet client needs. You are excited about taking a leadership role in a respected technology consulting firm that solves pressing problems for some of the world's most influential organizations.
Your technical skills likely include:
Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Leadership experience in overseeing and developing client-based or web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience in application development, complex code development, application testing and component design.
Your non-technical skills likely include:
Experience leading complex consulting engagements with large organizations and large, distributed global teams
- Experience making use of service brokering in project work
- Expertise in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (such as P&Ls, how decisions impact cost and profit)
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
You are likely to have about six years of increasingly diverse or complex experience and at least three years of management experience. You are likely to have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree or a PhD in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
- 5+ years of experience managing large (20+ team members) multi-site teams
- 5+ years of program management of multiple projects of $3M+ simultaneously; ideally in a consulting environment
- 4+ years of direct people management experience including managing other senior leaders
- 2+ years product leadership experience; ideally of up to 20+ team members including on-shore and off-shore teams
- Experience with leading and facilitating software development programs
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile, Lean, and Waterfall development methodologies required
- MS Project experience is required
- Experience with Waterfall methodologies
- Experience delivering technical solutions for Digital Marketing teams strongly preferred
- PMP certification preferred, but not required
- Strong contract and financial management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in business or technology-related field
- Track record of initiative and outstanding performance delivering to meet or exceed client expectations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong 'Customer Focus'
- Ability to quickly build relationships with client senior executives and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including persuasion, negotiation, storytelling, and vision setting
- Passion for learning
- Prior consulting and or Digital Agency experience (internal or external) preferred
- Experience estimating cost, productivity hours, and team structure for project execution.
- Desired Skills: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, Sitecore, Azure
- Willingness to travel (+80%) to client sites
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top