Project and Delivery Manager Northeast Region
Do you always deliver what you've promised? So do we.
At the heart of every great technology solution is great management, always making sure that the project delivers what it set out to do and matches expectations.
You balance a strategic outlook with a practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing needs, and your business knowledge matches your excellent teamwork, communication and negotiating skills. As a Program/Project Management, you will lead large and complex project teams and/or programs and will be accountable for the overall management, planning, and delivery of assigned projects/programs. This role will be responsible for the successful delivery of the services and corresponding customer satisfaction. Additionally, you will be directly involved in channel development and key sales pursuits. You may also serve as a Career Manager or provide technical expertise and mentorship to colleagues.
About the role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs all the way from planning to sales through execution and closure, with many stops in between. As a Manager in Program and Project Management, you look after all of them.
Your great management and people skills are at the heart of every project, across different businesses and borders, and you create and implement effective plans that meet operational objectives. Your multi-faceted role draws on your business knowledge to coordinate scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks, monitoring and reporting to enable a fast response to any issue.
You build a collaborative team to support you guide front-line operations, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
Day-to-day you will:
• Lead the delivery of the contracted solution on the program level at the agreed upon terms, original deal economics, schedule, and quality level
• Manage overall project/program risks, making adjustments as necessary and obtaining buy-in from senior management for critical project plans, commitment and changes
• Oversee and lead development, implementation and maintenance of the Project Work Plan, including approval for the project's estimated schedule, effort, and cost
• Manage accurate development and traceability of requirements during project lifecycle
• Provide strategic direction to all change management activities for project or programs
• As appropriate, support clients managing their change enablement processes to drive business value
• Ensure understanding of stakeholder goals and expectations, addresses misalignments, monitors the program to meet/exceed the agreed expectations and communicates back to customer
• Provide project leadership to appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces- Mentor and develop team members and peers. Provide oversight to management of relationships with project or program suppliers and subcontractors
• Develop strategy for control and governance structures to ensure desired outcomes across projects.
• Coordinate service levels and agreements and prioritize resources across projects and programs.
• Manage delivery portfolio - monitoring, escalating, and resolving delivery issues internally
• Participate in sales pursuits driving the solution planning and deal shaping process that will help drive business value for our customers
• Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures, timelines, budget and quality outcomes
• Mentor and manage Avanade and sub-contractor staff
• Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project
• Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
• Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including service licensing agreements (SLAs)
• You really enjoy working with minimal structure and you enable change around you. You think and work systematically and logically, and your strong communication and negotiating skills are backed up by technical skills and knowledge.
• Your skills and experience include:
• Experience with contract terms
• Experience of at least one software development methodology
• Knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
• Expertise in Microsoft Project
• Experience in earned value reporting
Technical skills and knowledge:
• Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
• Good understanding of contract terms and interpretation
• Demonstrated understanding of key Project/Program Management disciplines (estimating, work planning, contract management, scope management, user acceptance, etc.)
• Experience in customer expectations management
• Demonstrated experience employing project management methods, tools, techniques- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Good knowledge of Earned Value reporting
• Other skills and knowledge:
• Clear and concise oral and written communication
• Negotiation skills
• Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
• Good client interface and presentation skills- Good business acumen
• Time management skills- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
• Good people management skills, including ability to lead a team and mentor individuals in career growth
You will probably have a Bachelor's degree in Business or a technology-related field, and we'd really like it if you are a Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional. You're likely to have at least 10 years of experience in managing teams, as well as large-scale and complex programs and projects.
Back to top