Our Power BI Consultant is a hands-on technologist responsible for outlining the architecture as well as building visual analytics solutions via dashboarding and other methods. The primary responsibility of this role will be to support and guide the business in many dashboard and analytics data visualisation needs while leading discovery and execution of the same. Key activities will include creating world-class visualisations and insights based on collected client data while working with internal & external clients and the analytics team to drive execution and deliverables. This role will also be involved in data requirements collection, modeling, design, build, and interpretation which will lead to exceptional visualisations and insights. This individual will also possess an inherent sense of creativity and strategic innovative thinking.
- Create data-driven, innovative data models & visualisations to be used to advance strategic decision making
- Design reports and dashboards with modern approaches
- Test new visualisation and analytics technology in an effort to advance the analytics' team capability
- Work on the leading edge, with cross-functional teams, to define, develop, and drive data visualisations to enhance quantitative-based strategic decisions and insights
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate analysis and findings in a clear, concise manner to internal and external customers
- Filter and "clean" data, review data reports and performance indicators to identify coding or query problems
- Identify process gaps and work cross functionally to formulate improvement plans
- Work closely with internal and external clients to prioritise business and information needs
- Lead data, reporting & analytics implementation design & execution teams as required
- Maintain professional relationships with all team members and internal/external stakeholders and mentor & coach junior analysts as required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing, statistics, computer science, or mathematics fields preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a business intelligence role in analytics, business intelligence, or visualisations/dashboarding (3+ years preferred)
- 3+ years of experience leading data-driven design, analysis, and presenting data models, visualisations, and data insight to internal and external customers.
- 3+ years of experience as a data warehouse or administration role.
- 3+ years of experience utilising Power Bi and also tableau, QlikView, or Power BI to drive strategic decisions (5+ years preferred)
- Understanding of market research and analysis techniques
- Clearly demonstrated business-related problem solving and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple priorities, including competing demands
- Must be a self-starter, work well with minimal supervision, and accept responsibility
- Team participation and effectiveness
- Must have the ability to collaborate across functions, to form strong working relationships.
- Proficient in Power BI
- Experience in Tableau, or QlikView
- Expert knowledge in Excel required
- A working knowledge of STATA, HTML, CSS, Structured Query Language (SQL),
- Familiarity with ASP.net web forms and C#
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Hadoop, and Azure Stream Analytics a plus
Back to top