Power BI Developer
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You're a BI designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you're comfortable looking after several projects at once. You're able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job:
As a Power BI Developer, you know the importance of data visualization to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be utilized for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver Power BI solutions
- Lead the Power BI architecture for projects with focus on right choice of visuals, Power BI datasets, cubes, DAX, data modelling etc
- Lead the architecture conversation with project stakeholders both within and outside the organisation
- Design and develop the dashboards and reports
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using Power BI
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Travel as required.
You have great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You're a client facing problem solver who's happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.Your skills and experience include:
- Use of Power BI for both on-premises, cloud deployments and Azure experience
- Good experience in Power Enterprise deployments
- As an individual contributor, able to design and develop dashboards
- Experience with Power BI Report Server, Power BI online and Embedded options
- Effort estimation in support of project delivery or pre-sales effort
- Experience in structured problem solving. You have experience and understanding of database design and SQL and don't hesitate to roll up your sleeves to solve code related issues.
- Collaborative & good at people management
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- You're likely to have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and have several years of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Madeleine A.Solutions Developer
As a development lead on Avanade’s projects, including content management modernization, Madeleine works with a team of technical experts to develop and implement solutions for her clients.
Back to top